Stuck & constipated

Mahalo F.
on 1/24/17 5:32 am, edited 1/24/17 5:40 am

Good morning everyone!

I hope that anyone who has had RNY surgery recently is doing well... Sorry for being a lack of support...

It has been a while since I have posted...

Trying to get caught up at home...

With my ankle surgery & RNY back to back, I have fallen behind at home.

I have been very constipated for the last ten days...

Drinking 2 litres of water, 1 litre of tea, 1 litre of Costco Premiere Protein shakes...

I have been taking Colace (stool softener) (2) capsules twice daily & 1 packet of Restoralax with more water.

Warning TMI- The constipation has been causing significant problems down below.  I am able to go but with difficulty & there are consequences... 

Last night I bought the Baby Heinz prunes & I will add them to my food choices today...

Feeling like I am bunged up to my Esophagus.  What the heck?

Any thoughts or recommendations??? Please???

Thank you 

Sandra 

Mahalo 

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

SkottiRNY
on 1/24/17 5:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey Mahalo F!

Sorry to hear about your condition. I suffered shortly after my surgery, and it was terrible. One thing that I forgot to do that my doctor recommended was to take Milk of Magnesia. When I did remember, I took 2 doses right away... another one about 4 hours later... in the middle of the night, I was exploding... but happy to do so. I also started taking prune juice after that. To this day, I still have a bit of MOM and prune juice every night. 

Hopefully you find some relief soon.

Cheers,

Skotti

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

lexxiblue
on 1/24/17 6:33 am
RNY on 01/11/12

RESTORALAX WAS MY LIFESAVER!!!! good luck!!!

Meggles07
on 1/24/17 6:36 am - Canada

I feel a bit silly everytime I post this, but my mom was having some issues post-op RNY and I bought her a squatty potty for her birthday. She said things started moving better almost right away. I just saw them for sale at bed bath and beyond on Sunday -- so you could maybe even get 20% off :)

elisabeth1968
on 1/24/17 1:32 pm - toronto, Canada

Squatty Potty would have saved me from "down below" surgery just prior to my RNY.

It is worth thousands !!! I should own shares in this company.  I know a few of the ladies in my support group that swear by this product as well.

Lisa

Jo0710
on 1/24/17 7:34 am

Senokot s works 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

LauraLeafFan
on 1/24/17 12:42 pm

Hubby was severely constipated as well and was told to take restoralax 2 times a day to start plus his 2 pills of soflax.  He did this for 7 days but was told he could do it for 2 weeks to jump start the bowel.  It did work with in a couple days.  In the immediate relief you can do a suppository too which should help only for the short term.

Once you can eat a bit more fiber it will help.

Good luck!!

elisabeth1968
on 1/24/17 1:35 pm - toronto, Canada

Squatty Potty would have saved me from "down below" surgery just prior to my RNY.  Worse pain if you strain and get a fissure!!  I would have my RNY surgery 10x again than having Fissure surgery repair.

It is worth thousands !!! I should own shares in this company.  I know a few of the ladies in my support group that swear by this product as well.

Try prune juice with pineapple juice -natural/organic

Drink water every 10 minutes

TMI-freeze a little ball of coconut oil - like a suppository.

Aloe very juice. 

Lisa

Kathy1212
on 1/24/17 3:10 pm

I'm so sorry you're having issues with constipation; that must be tough.  I hope the prunes will help.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

sneezy6145
on 1/24/17 6:56 pm

Are you still on the pain pills? The Dr. told me they cause constipation. 

Most Active
Recent Topics