When to take your bandages off!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 1:16 pm

Just a quick question when am I suppose to take off my bandages? Own my own? At the 2 week follow up at my family doctor? I think waiting for 2 weeks is a little long, and the tagadrem ( clear bandages) r already peeling up! I know the stri strips should stay on but I think I need to change the clear bandages?

Kathy1212
on 2/18/17 2:50 pm

My nurse told me to take the off after my first shower because it's not good to have wet bandages against my skin. Unfortunately, the steri strips came off right along with the top bandages.  I was very surprised to see how small the incisions were, and how quickly the were healing.  They were all nice and clean and dry so I just left them uncovered and wore lose, soft tshirts and pajama tops.

I just saw my doctor for a 2 week follow up last Thursday and he said they were healing nicely. They're just little pink lines now; only the one big one were most of the work was done is still red.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Mahalo F.
on 2/18/17 3:02 pm

Hello

There are so many different opinions.

My Seamless MD APP said take them off after 7 days!

The nurse at D/C said (4) weeks...

I took them off @ (4) weeks.  The morning of my (4) week follow up.

The rationale was keep them covered and protected...

Good luck

Sandra.  

Mahalo 

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 3:20 pm

Good to know Thanks!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 3:19 pm

Good to know Thanks!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 3:49 pm

I just  talked to one of the nurses here she said once they are really peeling away you can remove them and if the steristrips come off at that point she told me to tell you  not to worry as you are almost a week post op.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 3:55 pm

Awesome thanks Laura! How the blood work looking now? I have stri strips even if they do come off!!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 4:07 pm

Blood work today was good so by the looks of it I can go home tomorrow .... they will do lab work again one more time.

I am happy about that.

But I feel fantastic...no pain...belly us itchy but that's bc it's healing....fluids are going in great.

I will let you know if I get to leave tomorrow but don't see why not.

Laura

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/18/17 4:18 pm

Aww that is great news! Fingers crossed for you! Just fixed my one bandage and the cut looks amazing just a bit pink so I put new steristrips over just in case! Thanks so much for the info! Take care!!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/18/17 4:20 pm

Thanks....well since I was still here just easy to ask the nurses ....lol so no problem.

Glad they are healing well!!

Ttyl and take care!

Most Active
Recent Topics