Ottawa Timeline for surgery

Buffymom
on 2/23/17 12:45 pm

Had my pre op surgery 2 class this past Tuesday and I meet with the surgeon next Thursday.  How long until you get your surgery date?

MC_Akeson
on 2/23/17 1:24 pm - Ontario, Canada

I would say about 1 to 1.5 month after you see the surgeon. It all depends on how many people are before you. I would suggest you buy your 3 week Optifast when you go see the surgeon. This way yo have it on hand to start as soon as needed without having to go back just to get it (parking is so bad and $). 

I saw the surgeon mid-November and could have had my surgery Dec. 10 but opted to wait until after Christmas. I got the call with my surgery date near the end of December for my Jan. 31 surgery. 

RNY: Jan. 31, 2017, Ottawa Civic with Dr. Amy Neville

5' 2"; HW (@ start of Optifast): 267 & 45.5% BF; SW: 247

Lovely_Caprice
on 2/23/17 4:54 pm

I had my RNY on 9 September 2016 and my wait period after meeting the surgeon was 3 weeks.  Good Luck!  Having this surgery was the best decision I ever did.  Down 80 lbs.  goal is 15lbs away!  I cannot believe it.

Wayne H.
on 2/24/17 9:43 am
RNY on 02/08/17

See my sig but basically I met Dr Mamazza on Dec 20th, started OPTI on Jan 18th and had the RNY done Feb 8th.

Good luck on your Journey, keep us posted.  They are very good at the Civic, the beds after surgery are amazing ;-)

Lld
on 2/26/17 7:49 am

I was in the same class Tuesday then saw the surgeon that afternoon. I got a call Thursday with my date of March 16. I was told to start Optifast today and wait for a call for appointment to see anaesthesilogist before surgery. I will get a call on the 15th with my surgery time. Be prepared to pick up the Optifast after your appointment with the surgeon. 

Buffymom
on 2/26/17 8:36 am

That's amazing! Which surgeon did you see? I am meeting with Dr. Kolozsvari. Nervous and excited at the same time

Lld
on 2/26/17 9:32 am

I saw Dr Neville but it's another surgeon doing it Dr Mamazza(not sure of spelling). I haven't found the Optifast too bad but it is my first day. 

Most Active
Recent Topics