Home from sugery

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 3/5/17 7:39 am

I'm home and recovering. I was discharged yesterday. The gas pain was unbearable but has alleviated somewhat now. I was up the next morning after surger at 0444hrs trying to get it moving out of my system! I made the mistake of taking too big a sip of water so at least I know what NOT to do! For breakfast today I was able to tolerate only the Premier Protein and yogurt ; I couldn't do the oatmeal maybe because I crushed my vitamins in there and the taste was horrible. Thank you all for your kind wishes before my surgery!

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

LauraLeafFan
on 3/5/17 8:43 am

Welcome to the losers bench. Rest and walk when you can. The drinking will get easier with each day. Yes your pouch will remind you when you do something it doesn't like.

Enjoy the journey!!

skinny_gigi
on 3/5/17 5:43 pm

WELCOME to the loser's bench...and I FEEL FOR YOU! I'm on day 5 and feel like NIGHT and DAY compared to day 2. Day 2 was the worse and the gas was ridiculous. I'm sure you know what to do, the drinking I found helps with gas...but I also shift it my sleep to move it all around. I'm tooting a whole lot better now but I was belching from the beginning which i felt helped.

I haven't been able to sleep at night as well as i did before the surgery but I'm practicing some deep breathing (which I found feels a bit uncomfortable in the beginning but it also helps move the air...)

I found cream of wheat really watered down was nice for breakfast...I only eat 1/4 cup. I make it with ho****er and premier protein. You've got to watch it though it tends to grow and thicken when you eat it...so for some reason there's always more left in the cup than when I started... (that's what happens with it takes you 40 mins!)

Good luck!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active
Recent Topics