eating out on full fluids?

leeann73
on 3/12/17 6:04 pm

I have a bit of a problem this week. Two times this week, I will be out of town during meal and snack times. I can bring cold stuff - greek yogurt, apple sauce, but I wondered, could I order soup from Swiss Chalet (broth type of soup) and just suck on the broth and not eat the solids? I am worried about restaurant broth soups in terms of the fat / sugar content ... I am on full fluids until one month post surgery ... should I just stick with the cold stuff on those days?

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

crqvingchange
on 3/12/17 10:29 pm

You probably would be OK with just the broth. You could tell them that you are on a special diet and ask them to try to give you mostly broth.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/17 4:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'd have them give you the broth and you can always say you had major dental work done so are only allowed fluids. Most restaurants are pretty helpful for medical needs.

Most Active
Recent Topics