The best part about this surgery other than the obvious - Free dinner at Costco

Wayne H.
on 3/15/17 10:28 am
RNY on 02/08/17

So now that I am 5 weeks post op, all is well except for the two primary incision sites. Somehow they got infected on me and because of that I made a quick trip to see the Nurse Practitioner yesterday morning to check it out. They have been leaking for about 2 weeks now so I was a good thing to do.

All said and done She prescribed me an antibiotic so off to Costco I went yesterday around dinner time, on my way home from work. Well the 30 minute wait turned into a free dinner with the folks serving up samples.

I had about 2/3 of a chicken Wiener (Albiet the sodium was high), A few small won tons (4), 1 sliver of a chicken quesadilla, and the best part.... Artificial crab being served up on a couple of crackers. I pitched the crackers and enjoyed the Fake Crab and filled up. LOL

Oh, then I got my prescription.

leeann73
on 3/15/17 5:23 pm

You are one cheap date Wayne. Haha. Glad you got some meds. How is being back to work?

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Wayne H.
on 3/15/17 7:20 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Hi Leeann,

Work has been good. I was surrounded by my peers the moment they heard my voice. Lots of "Wow"s initially when folks see me. I have been very open about this journey and have recieved nothing but support from all of them, including the couple that run the Cafeteria in our building and are most willing to help me to achieve my dietary needs now by accomodating my smaller portion sizes.

Aside from the people and the warm reception it was jump back into the fire with both feet after that.

Wife is happy I am out of the house again.

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/15/17 5:48 pm - Canada

LOL.....I do the same thing all the time for lunch!!!!! Love the meat area best!!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Kathy1212
on 3/15/17 6:30 pm

Your post actually made me laugh, out loud. Love it! I wish we had a costco here.

On a more serious note, I'm glad you have antibiotics to clear up the infection. Hopefully that will do the trick and the incisions will heal up nicely.

I developed a weird water blister way low down on my tummy, on the site of one of the blood thinner injections that was badly bruised. It wasn't healing properly and my doctor had to cut out the scabby tissue (TMI, sorry) when I was there last Friday. Now I have to clean it out and put a salve on it twice a day. I've been on antibiotics for 10 days and it still hasn't cleared up. It looks like an extra belly button now, really gross. Maybe we're more prone to infections after surgery?

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Wayne H.
on 3/15/17 7:27 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Dear god Kathy...you sure are having a rough go but to a certain extent I have thought the same about the issues I have had since surgery.

1st was a rash caused, we believe by the reddish anti-bacteria wash they painted on me. I recall the poat op Nurse telling me that I should wa**** off as soon as I got home which I did but my right side got fairly angry, red and bumpy like. Its cleared up now since the same Nurse prescribed a cream for it.

My incisions were fine up until 4 weeks post op. 3 of 5 are fine, just the two decided to act up. The timig of it seems odd, and the nurse surmized the same. Oh well.

Now , you get better girl. 6 weeks is enough for you. I am sending healing thoughts your way.

Most Active
Recent Topics