So nauseated : Puréed day 2

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 3/19/17 6:12 am, edited 3/19/17 6:13 am

yesterday was my first real food in 28 days! I was so excited. I tried a scrambled egg with 1/2 oz cheese. Tastes wonderful ate half and was satisfied. About an hour later I was so very sick. I've never felt nauseated like that in my life. Took some gravol and had a nap and was fine. Tried some chicken for supper and no nausea at all. So this morning I tried a poached egg thinking it was the cheese yesterday (I think I have lactose intolerance ) anyways had two baby spoonfuls of egg and felt nauseated again. Is this normal? I don't know what's going on. I can't do eggs now or yogurt or any form of cottage cheese. I don't do oats or cereal so I'm At a loss for ideas and frustrated that I'm so sick :(

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

crqvingchange
on 3/19/17 6:18 am

Eggs can be difficult for many in the first few months. For some reason our pouches can be very grumpy first thing in the morning. If chicken works for you, try that for breakfast. There is lactose free yogurt in the health food section that you could try. I've never tried it, so if you do decide to try it, let me know how it is. You also try lactose free milk make into a smoothie with protein powder, crushed ice, and the flavouring of your choice (mine would be coffee crystals).

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 3/19/17 6:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Many people say they couldn't tolerate eggs so early out. Take a break from them for awhile and try again in a few weeks. You can eat anything for breakfast, I'm not regimented by the traditional breakfast foods or dinner foods, if you know what I mean. many people have refried beans, any protein you can puree is good to go. Checkout the world according to Eggface website. She has many recipes for all stages.

It will get better, hang in there.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics