I'm Back

Mahalo F.
on 3/25/17 12:21 pm

Hello everyone!

I just got back from a much needed vacation in Florida.

Florida was amazing! The warmth & the sun is what we all need...

I've been going to this resort for the past 7 years. I must admit it was amazing to listen to all the compliments & feedback about how great I looked. I got a lot of, "Where did do leave the rest of you?" I must admit that it kept me motivated to continue this amazing journey.

I am trying to adjust to life back in Canada with a whole lot of snow and COLD weather.

Life is hard after getting back from the amazing warmth of sunshine and relaxation.

My trip went well... The airport was not a great experience. There are not any good food choices there.

Thank God I brought Premiere Protein shakes, cheese and fruit... I got a letter from my doctor and it inevitably came with a complete pat down and search... The most action I got my entire vacation. My kids thought that I actually enjoyed the pat/rub down... Lol

I was able to find the Danone Lean & Fit yogurt and they were amazing... So sad that they are not available here in Canada...

Drank a lot of water and decaf coffee daily...

I tried to introduce chicken tenderloin but had a terrible episode of pouch pain and then vomiting. I guess my chicken days are over. I had tuna with diced vegetables daily at lunch and soups at dinner. Peppers, cumcumber, celery with humous for snacks and that was great. Yogurts daily...

Eating out was difficult... Finding soups that were healthy and protein rich was impossible.

Lobster bisk, chicken noodle or clam chowder were my choices... Not for me

Had chili & onion soup without croutons.

Oh how I miss the bacon cheese burgers and French fries! Yes... I said it!!! I do miss them!

My guilty pleasure... Those days are gone!

Aqua fit every morning and we were on the third floor.... Lots of walking up and down stairs and around the resort. Down 10 lbs. while I was gone.

Hard to believe that I started at 283 and I am at 210 lbs. now

Staying away from starches (bread, pasta, potatoes and rice). I will probably reintroduce a bit of the rice & bread when I reach goal.

Can't wait to get to ONE DERLAND!

I am still not sure what my goal weight should be. I would like to reach 175 lbs but I am not sure that is realistic. I was 22 years old when I weighed that last. The weight management team's goal weight for me is 190. I have a large bone frame and the excess skin will still be there. I guess I will take it one pound at a time.

Best decision that I have ever made.

We stay at an RCI time share resort and I have been going there for 8 years. As mentioned earlier, everyone noticed the weight loss and the compliments were amazing !

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to getting caught up....

Thanks again for the ongoing support ...

Sandra Rose
Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

crqvingchange
on 3/25/17 2:36 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Sandra.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Caff
on 3/25/17 3:58 pm

That sounds wonderful, it must feel amazing to see how far you've come.

We travel to Florida regularly as well. Enjoying that heat without all of this weight is one of the things I'm most looking forward to. Less wear, less chafing, less clothing to cover... thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy1212
on 3/26/17 6:28 am

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Sandra, nd lost 10 Lbs to boot; woohoo!

I'd so love to be able to travel again. Maybe in the future.

You're doing so great, weight loss wise; congrats! If your team wants you at 190, wow, you're almost at their goal already. Only 10.1 Lbs away from Onderland and 20 Lbs away from your surgeon's goal; you are rocking this!

Take care,

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

leeann73
on 3/26/17 2:21 pm

Sounds like you did great. We love Florida and I cannot wait for our next trip when I am a good weight. Our trip last year was the breaking point for me that led me here. My then 7 year old said at Disney "I love you but I don't always walk beside you because people stare at hoe fat you are and it is embarrassing". Never again! Thanks for your positive posts.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics