Emotional self go away

leeann73
on 3/26/17 2:27 pm

I feel like a kid in battle with myself. I don't want to eat today and I don't want to drink. I have pouch pain when I eat today. We go to my in laws for a big family dinner every Sunday. This week she asked what I could eat. I said chicken, fish, turkey, eggs ... etc but I can bring my own. Called over and she is having chicken wings, ribs, fries and salad. I didn't go. I sent my hubby and kids and now I am home feeling like I could cry. This is not like me and I don't like it. Sorry for the vent. I neeed to grow up. Sundays are hard for me.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/26/17 4:51 pm - Canada

Emotions run high after surgery...we know this to be true. We as women also know at times any and all things can set us off as well. It's OK just to do what you want ...when you want to.

What is upsetting to you the most??? ..she made things you couldn't have ?? You are frustrated family dinners have become difficult?? Or that you decided to stay home alone and feel weird ?? What is it exactly ?

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

sneezy6145
on 3/26/17 5:20 pm

It's normal to suffer from depression after surgery. I cried a lot. I thought I was just being "a girl" until I saw people (men too) posting about it on here. I can tell you it does get easier. Talk to your support team at the hospital they do help.

crqvingchange
on 3/26/17 6:32 pm

Feeling this way after surgery is normal. Some hormones are stored in fat and as you lose weight they are released into your bloodstream. We here call this hormone dumping and most are familiar with it. Cry, vent, but do not stop drinking your fluids. It is so easy to beome dehydrated after surgery. That can bring nausea, and a whole list of problems. I became dehydrated, as a result my blood pressure dropped and I had a bad fall that landed me in hospital for weeks and damaged my back. I don't want something like that to happen to you. Drink something warm and comforting, and keep drinking. If you have to drink your protein right now, go for it. It's not a choice of wanting or not wanting to drink - you have to drink. Sending hugs.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

skinny_gigi
on 3/26/17 7:06 pm

I cried watching a video today...and when I cried I mean bawled my eyes out...makes not sense. I can't even remember the last time I sobbed...oh...wait...it was the day after surgery. I tell everyone that it's like I'm suffering from post partem depression except I never actually suffered that after delivering my child! i can only imagine this is hormone dumping and that it will end soon!

If you're anything like me...you're fine now until someone spills the milk...LOL

You're not alone :)

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

leeann73
on 3/27/17 4:50 am

Thanks so much everyone. What a great family here. I am feeling better today. I have a good plan for my food and am more in control of my work week, even though stopping to eat at work can be a challenge. I appreciate everyone's comments sooooo much xoxoxox

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Manda32
on 3/27/17 12:03 pm

Your being too hard on yourself Lee-Ann!! I totally get it! It's really hard to be around a tonne of food with everybody eating it and your not able too. I was at my parents yesterday. They had roasted chicken, buns, potatoes, etc, and ice cream for dessert. I went to a different room while they ate. Its too tough for me right now.

Your just over a month out, still new to this, and adjusting. It will take time before this isn't an issue for you anymore. That menu at your in laws sounds to die for!! I would have avoided it too!

Give yourself a break. It's going to take time, and it will get better for you.

Hugs

amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

SweetPeaVeronica
on 3/27/17 3:34 pm

I hope you can put this past you and still go to family dinners. You shouldn't miss those. Bring something you can eat and enjoy it with everyone. Part of this journey is also involving your family and helping them understand what you are going through and what you are able to eat. Feel better. Hugs

Referred February 6, 2016 ~ Orientation May 3, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt September 1, 2016 ~ Internist (Dr. Glazer) Apt September 27, 2016 ~ Nut/Diet/Social Apt December 13, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt January 11, 2017 ~ Start of Opti January 18, 2017 ~ Surgery Date February 8, 2017 @ HRRH Lost 137.4 to date

Most Active
Recent Topics