7-week Post op Update

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 4/20/17 5:33 am

So it's been 7 weeks already, hard to believe! And not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal?

Started opti February 17th, 2017 for two weeks (lost 16 pounds)

Surgery March 3, 2017, since surgery I've lost an additional 27 pounds, so in total 43 pounds

I hit a stall I'd say around week 4-5ish, then lost 5 pounds the next week

The last week I've been up and down 1 pound every few days and not really losing...my activity level is great! I get in my 10000 steps+ each day, walk 5 days a week and have between 80-96g Protein/day (590-710 cal/day). The only thing I've been not so great at is my water (I know this is an area I need to improve on).

SO my question is: Is this normal? Are these stalls what to expect? Fluctuating a pound here and there every few days is something normal? (and it's not time of the month related, I've had a hysterectomy). Do I just need to increase my water? Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just being impatient (which I am known to be lol).

Looking for feedback from folks who have been where I am, thanks in advance

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

Linda M.
on 4/20/17 7:51 am - Orillia, Canada

That's great - you're doing so well. I looked at your ticker and it showed you had reached your goal - lol. I think stalls are just part of the process and a way for your body to adjust, then re-adjust. The best thing we can do is weigh once a month and not feel elated or disappointed by the scale. Now, in saying that, I am committing to once a week. My month ends on Saturday so I will weigh and measure then and commit not to get on again until the following Saturday. Why can we wait a month to measure (or for some, not at all), but feel the need to weigh once or multiple times a day. For me, another habit to break.

Continued success! You are doing nothing wrong and know you need to increase your water. All is good.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Ginnny
on 4/20/17 8:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Normal is different for everybody. Early on in the process I only weighed myself once a week on the day I had my surgery (Monday). The fluctuations may drive you crazy early out. I didn't start weighing daily until about 7 or 8 months out. Yes water is important so do your best to get that up. Even when the scale isn't moving you're losing inches. I hope you did your measurements when you started. I did my measurements on the monthly anniversary of my surgery and took 4 pictures (front/back and 2 profiles), always in the same outfit. It helps to visualize your progress.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Kathy1212
on 4/20/17 8:49 pm

You're doing great!

I think it's normal to go up and down; I know my weight can fluctuate depending on whether or not I take my water pill, whether I'm constipated or not, and who knows why else, lol.

Do try to get your water in. You don't want to become dehydrated; it happened to my Mom and she passed out and had to be taken to the hospital and given fluids and electrolytes.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics