Bio Protein Bars

Amzmommy
on 4/22/17 3:48 pm, edited 4/23/17 8:35 am

A friend of mine posted this on her FB page and just wanted to share with you all in case you buy these....

BUYERS BEWARE... If any of you buy these protein bars (Costco is where I was buying mine) and are like me and buy them for not only the protein (23g) but low sugar (6g) not to mention the good daily values for minerals... THEY CHANGED THEM WITHOUT ANY NOTICE ON THE PACKAGING... they still have 23g of protein but now have 23g of SUGAR and have lowered the daily amounts of minerals. Because of my gastric bypass too much sugar can make me extremely ill. I figured out the change because I started eating one; (I've been eating these for over two years) one bite and I knew something was different, checked the new box then compared it to the old one and I am totally disgusted.... I am so angry that for whatever reason the company does not have to show such drastic changes on the packaging.

6g of sugar to 23g of sugar... it just not right!!!

White Dove
on 4/22/17 4:47 pm - Warren, OH

Sugar will appeal to more people and they will make more money.

Good job on reading the label and thanks for the heads up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amzmommy
on 4/22/17 8:51 pm

Thank you but I can't take credit, a friend of mine posted this on her facebook and I asked if I could share here. She even offered to take sharper images if needed. She definitely deserves the praise for caring enough to share. Feel free to share this.

crqvingchange
on 4/23/17 6:52 am

Thank you for posting this. I always check labels, but I never thought to re-check labels of products that I usually buy.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Amzmommy
on 4/23/17 7:53 am

I know I wouldn't have thought of it ...i only recheck if comparing to something...say another brand or flavor

Most Active
Recent Topics