What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 4/25/17 4:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone!! A little rain here this morning. Not much on the go today. Walk at lunch, and then my gf is coming over after work to go for a run. The gym is closed today from 8 am to 5 so we're just going to get some outdoor cardio. Hopefully it doesn't rain this afternoon. They say it's supposed to clear out this morning and warm up to 17.

B - 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites with a slice of cheese.....couldn't eat it all

S - greek yogurt and blueberries

L - taco salad, with shredded cheese, light Catalina

S - 1/2 can tuna

D - grilled chicken boob, maybe slice up some cukes or something

Totals - Cal 956, carbs 39, protein 112

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 4/25/17 5:37 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Up early to take puppy 1 to the groomers. I have a massage this afternoon and then a funeral visitation tonight.

We will stay inside out of the rain. Maybe I can do some little chores that I've been putting off.

Breakfast - peameal bacon

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - ham on thin bun

Snack - pepperette, yogurt

Dinner - tbd, I'm thinking chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Meggles07
on 4/25/17 6:34 am - Canada

I pulled out two slices of peameal for breakfast, ate one and had to put the other back. Birdie is right, nothing like dense protein to fill you up and remind me that my pouch is still working for me if I work for it.

birdiegirl
on 4/25/17 5:47 am

RNY 8 Years Post Op

Morning

Ginnny I'm not surprised you couldn't eat all of your breakfast. Nothing like dense protein for satiety.

Catch up day today and a few meetings this afternoon. Also need groceries but it isn't going to happen today. Busy week ahead.

Back to reality today and time to get some regain off. Will try to keep my calories around the 1000 mark and as low carb as I can go

B - Premier protein shake

L - 1.25 oz of Bos smoked trout

2 cups of green mixed salad with a handful of chickpeas

2 TB of balsamic dressing

D - 6 oz of lean ground beef with taco seasoning

.5 cup of green beans

S - Oikos greek in lemon meringue with a squirt of low fat topping. ( this has way too many carbs - going to wean myself off greek yogurt for awhile once I get thru my current stash.)

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,020, Carbs - 53 Grams, Protein - 87 Grams

All water and vits - plus some decaf coffee and tea

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 4/25/17 5:58 am

Good morning everyone. Ginny the weather better clear up because I want my DH to BBQ tonight.

I was determined to sleep a little later this morning but the phone rang and woke us up. This morning I'm going swimming and then yoga tonight. In between those, I'm taking the car in for service (should have happened yesterday) doing chores around the house, and making some calls. Notice that paperwork is not on my list? It's finally done, yay.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Protein coffee

Rivers of decaf throughout the day

Scrambled eggs (Cheese and Chives eggs in a carton) with chicken breakfast sausage

Flank steak with salad and Bolthouse dressing

SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's and a few (2) strawberries sliced on top

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Linda M.
on 4/25/17 6:06 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning all,

Grilled chicken boob - sounds painful.

I know I'm at a different stage than you, but I admire your commitment to exercise and find that after I work all day (I run a busy Purolator/business service centre - currently on my own), that I have nothing left. However, today, I will go for a 20 minute walk, along with the approximate 6,000 steps that I do in a day. Trying to get up to and past 10,000 and know it will still take me a bit of time.

I tried the Mushroom/Crab Bake from Eggface and it was good. For those who like more seafood, I might try two tins of flaked crab and fewer mushrooms. It's great for my stage, but I would do it again for any stage - easy and tasty.

B - Protein Shake and large black decaf.

S - 1/4 cup of Skyr plain and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce

L - 1/2 cup of Mushroom/crab bake

S - 1/4 cup of Skyr plain and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce

D - 1/2 cup of 1% Cottage cheese, one slice of deli turkey, low sodium V8

80 oz. water, all vitamins, 73 gr. of protein, 48 gr. carbohydrates, 690 calories

Feeling much better than on Sunday and avoided the scale yet again (weigh in only on Fridays - I will not have my mood set by a number!)

Enjoy your day.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Ginnny
on 4/25/17 6:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Linda! If I don't take the time to for a walk or a run at lunch, I just end up sitting at my desk staring at the darn computer!! Better to get outside and get moving. I think I may have to change my gym workouts to early morning come summer because at 430 pm when the sun is shining I know I won't want to be going to the gym. I love me my deck in the sunshine!

As you said you're early out, and sounds like your job is a little hectic right now, you'll find your groove when it's the right time for you!

Linda M.
on 4/25/17 7:07 am - Orillia, Canada

Thank you Ginny. When I had staff in I was able to get out for a walk and I'm 5 minutes from the water. It just means better planning. Leave an hour early, walk first, then get to work. I also have an Aeropilates Machine at home which provides a great workout - but it includes your core. Do you know when I can start doing core exercises? Incisions are well healed and I have no pain.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Ginnny
on 4/25/17 7:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I wouldn't want to say....I didn't join the gym and really start strength training until 9 months. That's not to say I couldn't start earlier I just didn't.

I think the lifting restriction (no more than 10lbs) last for 8 weeks. I wouldn't want you to push yourself as you said, you exhausted yourself pretty good last week...maybe check at your 3 month follow up.

Linda M.
on 4/25/17 8:21 am - Orillia, Canada

Sounds good. I'm seeing the surgeon on May 26th and my own doctor next week. I'm sorry, I wasn't asking for medical advice and you are right, I have been doing too much and need to keep reminding myself of that. As soon as I feel energized and rested, I forget (lol). Many thanks for your advice, support and encouragement. I will get the hand of it.

Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics