More Purée suggestions please...

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 10:38 am
RNY on 04/12/17

I have am sick of refried beans and ricotta, it is getting boring and I have had to fight my head hunger and need to satisfy chewing by crunching ice.

I can tolerate soup (even homemade chicken soup purred in the blender with extra bone broth), milk, cheese, pickles, jello, protein shakes, yogurt, really well mashed cottage cheese, cauliflower and broth.

I can not seem to tolerate tuna, potato, eggs, banana, marinara sauce or applesauce and quite distressed that I can not seem to advance my diet.

I have scoured cookbooks and websites and the posts here, anybody got anything different that I should try?

Looking for a good source of nutrition.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

White Dove
on 5/6/17 11:49 am - Warren, OH

I really had almost nothing but protein shakes until somewhere around month 4. I was not hungry and did not care about advancing my diet. As long as I was getting my protein and water in, I was happy to jus****ch the weight fly off.

Everyone heals differently and your body will catch up. By six months, you will be able to eat almost anything.

By eighteen months, I had to be careful not to overeat.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 12:11 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Thanks, I will thankfully slow down then, I could do without the pain and baby vomit.

The reality is I have my 1 month follow up, this week and I was trying to meet the Nut's goals and fill out the food questionaire.

I would rather see the weight fly off, I have a high school reunion to look fabulous for in the fall.

Tracks
on 5/7/17 4:07 pm - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Don't worry too much about the 1 month questionnaire. They didn't even ask to see mine at my 1 month appointment.

They just want to know where you're at. Everyone goes at their own pace. Don't rush if you're not ready.

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Simplyb
on 5/7/17 4:10 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Thanks, that's why it's always good to know someone ahead of you!

I am now relaxed.

White Dove
on 5/6/17 3:42 pm - Warren, OH

This is me at my 50th high school reunion last July. 68 years old, 136 pounds, nine years out from RNY
and feel like a teenager.

Don't worry about advancing your food. Get as much weight off as you can while it is still easy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

oneatatime
on 5/6/17 4:16 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Great pic! You look so happy and young. :)

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 5:21 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

You look so happy, great picture!

Lucile777
on 5/6/17 5:42 pm

Great picture and good advice!

LauraLeafFan
on 5/6/17 4:00 pm

I enjoyed pureed homemade chili. I also pureed homemade stew but you would have to do yours without potato if they bug you.

Most Active
Recent Topics