You all keep me hopeful!

AllyceMargaret
on 5/14/17 12:23 am

Very similar to what Lisa C expressed, I've felt awful lately and I am at my absolute lowest point. Had a meltdown in the middle of the mall with my little sister the other day, and I felt so bad.

I'm 20 years old, and use to be a social butterfly. Always happy, always positive. The life of the party, always outside or with friends. But over the past year, and especially in the last 3 months, I have become a total recluse. I'm at my highest weight EVER. It is UGLY, and nothing fits now. If I'm not at work or school, I'm laying in bed feeling sorry for myself--- that's gotta stop. It's bad physically and mentally.

THAT SAID--- I came here tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I want to express my gratitude for you guys, both pre-op and post-op. I know this is a lengthy journey, and it feels hopeless at times, but I'm reminded that there is a new chapter waiting for me on the bench. I'm ready to be healthy, to repair my ankle when the weight is off, and be active.

As you can see via my signature, my homestretch is close but so far away. I've been calling for cancellations, but TWH is a NIGHTMARE to get through to. I just hope that I get through one of these days, to speed it up a bit. Maybe I'll take the train, and "pop" in.

"Hey Andrew, I'm not here for an appointment but... got any of those cancellations?"
"Uhm Allyce, don't you live in Oshawa?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral: September 15 2016 Orientation: December 12 2016 Social Worker: March 23 2017 Nurse Practitioner: April 05 2017 Nutrition Assessment Class: April 11 2017 Dietitian Appointment: June 13 2017 Psych Appointment: July 06 2017 Surgeon Appointment: September 29th 2017 Pre-op Appointment: January 22 2018

Surgery: Feb 12 2018

Instagram: @TheShrinkingDiary

crqvingchange
on 5/14/17 5:01 am

Hi Allyce. You have already started your journey, and surgery is just one stage in that journey. Working on your feelings now will help you post-op. There are podcasts through the Centre for Mindful Eating that might be helpful.

One of my suggestions to you is to get moving in any way that you can. If you have ankle issues, then go to your local pool (I know it's scary being seen for the first time in a bathing suit, I've been there. Truthfully know one cares, and you're never going to invite those people to your house anyway. This is about you getting healthy) this is how I started moving. Most community pools have Aquafit classes and they are for all levels. They are easy on your joints, and the water helps keep pressure off your back and joints. Stop being a recluse until you're the perfect weight. Start your new healthier life now. You will feel better both physically and mentally.

Please join us on the What are you Eating/Doing today thread. It doesn't matter if you are pre-op, we have had people post right from the beginning of their journey. We are here for support. Sending you big hugs.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/14/17 10:31 am

Hi Allyce,

I think many of us have felt the exact same way that you and Lisa do; I know I did.

It passes. You're already on your journey. The pre op part is hard because it takes so long and the waiting is hard, but it passes. Soon you'll be responding to another preopper, telling them to hang in because time passes and post surgery life is so very different.

I agree with CC; get to the pool if you can. I prefer swimming laps to aquafit classes, but both are great.

Right before surgery, I started going out more because I felt free...like I'd never weigh that amount again so who cares, that sort of feeling, lol.

I'm sorry your ankle is giving you issues; I hope it will get better.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

TheRealMeWithin
on 5/14/17 10:52 am - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Have you left any messages at TWH? I know that getting a live person is difficult but when I've left messages they are always good about returning them. All you need is to move up one appt and then when you are in ask Andrew to move up the rest, he's SO helpful!
Good luck!!!

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

oneatatime
on 5/14/17 4:21 pm, edited 5/14/17 9:22 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Allyce,

I agree with the last poster: if you leave a message with TWH, they will call you back. I've had a call back as long as 3 hours, and as quickly as 20 Minutes. The waiting is hard, but they always call! It's so much better than me calling them over and over because they rarely answer (I've been lucky a couple of times!!).

I have also been fortunate that they are so helpful in moving up my appointments over the phone. I feel they really do understand that we're eager to get in, and work hard to slip us into those cancellations.

I know things right now are difficult. Keep pushing through for you. You're in the home stretch. Amazing!!!

leeann73
on 5/15/17 4:18 pm

This forum and this surgery has given me hope back. I love thinking of the future now as it will only get better and better as long as we work the tools we have. You are not alone. I was right there with you with those feelings. It will pass and you will LIVE fully again.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics