What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 5/18/17 3:41 am

Good morning everyone. This will be my last day of posting for a while. My Dad took a turn for the worse yesterday so please send him healing vibes.

When I'm near WiFi I will read the thread, but trying to respond is almost impossible with my phone. I think I can still "like" posts, so that will let you know I'm still part of the group.

For the pre-ops, and newbies, hang in there it does get better. Start each day with a commitment to make good choices. For the regular gang, you all amaze me and I am so thankful for your support and inspiration.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 5/18/17 4:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 13 months

Good morning CC. I'm sorry to read about your dad's turn. Hopefully just having you there will contribute to his recovery. Sending healing thoughts to him and big hugs to you. Thank you for your continued commitment to this thread, all your kind words, advice and encouragement. You'll be missed for a while, please take care of yourself as well as your dad! Travel safe.

As I said yesterday tonight is my final 5 km run. It has rained here already this morning but we might get some more. Supposed to 27 today with a humidex of around 32, they may or may not cancel. Our "coach" is an avid runner so we'll see, he may not want to push us newbies through the heat. I did do 4.3 kms at lunch yesterday and it was warm....I think I was red faced for the rest of the afternoon!

Eats today are without supper included as after our run, the group is going to a local restaurant for snacks and cold beverages.

B - 1 egg, 1/8 cup egg whites, slice of cheese

S - deli turkey slices with mustard

L - 3 oz. chicken breast and old cheddar cheese snack

S - 2 HB eggs

D - I'm thinking taco salad or maybe a few chicken wings

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 5/18/17 4:17 am - Canada

Good morning :)

CC, I'm really sorry to hear that about your dad. Everyone here really appreciates your input and kind motivations. Please be well and take care of yourself too!!

I have decided that I'm going to end up gaining 1,000 pounds this week at the rate we are going. My SO has decided that he wants to try every southern BBQ place in a 10-mile radius. And that is a lot. The waitress laughed at me yesterday when I asked if any of their sides were even remotely healthy. I ordered a salad, but it ended up being mixed greens which my pouch can't tolerate. I ate the garnish and nibbled off of SO's BBQ platter -- yes, he ordered a whole platter. Then they also brought a basket of hush puppies, which I had never tried before. Dangerously good.

Last night we wandered over to Walmart to pick up a few things. I got carrots and pb (shocking, I know ), Greek yogurt (chocolate and apple pie), cheese sticks, 100 calorie cocoa almond packs, nutty protein bars, pudding, and water flavouring. I only bought powdered ones this time because on our last trip my liquid one kind of leaked/exploded on me -- I was covered in pink spots for a while. My SO bought grape juice, apple juice, two bite brownies, blueberry pie, and chips. Darn him for being naturally slim ;)

Breakfast - I'm waiting to see what is at the breakfast bar. I'm hoping for eggs and sausage.

Snack - protein bar (I'm going for a walk/adventure)

Lunch - tbd depending where I find myself

Snack - carrots and pb

Dinner - probably BBQ

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits. They are calling for 31 plus humidity here today, so I have to stay hydrated!!

Ginnny
on 5/18/17 4:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hey Meg, I think I missed the postings of where you are. Do tell....

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 5/18/17 4:32 am - Canada

Hey Ginny!!

We are staying near Raleigh, North Carolina. My SO is here for meetings and I'm having a little vacation. Not too south, but south enough for cute accents and amazing BBQ ;) He has the rental car during the day so I plan to go walking to burn these darn calories lol.

birdiegirl
on 5/18/17 4:30 am

Sorry to read this CC. I know how tough it is. Take care of YOU too.

Monica9811
on 5/18/17 4:42 am - Peterborough, Canada

Sorry to hear this CC. Your dad will be happy to have you there. Hopefully things turn around for him. We will miss your posts. Take care!!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/18/17 4:45 am

So sorry to hear about your dad's set back! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! Stay strong!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

Smoka
on 5/18/17 5:40 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Good Morning Everyone. Today is a beautiful day!

Here is my pre-op food list for today:

Breakfast - Smoothie (protein powder, strawberries, mango, pineapple, banana),pear slices with almond butter

Snack - blueberries, pistachios

Lunch - kale salad with pumpkin and sunflower seeds, veggies with baba ganoush

Snack - banana, walnuts

Dinner - Baked chicken, eggplant and mushroom, peppers and onions, salad

Linda M.
on 5/18/17 5:44 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning,

CC. You and your dad continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. As mentioned, do take care of yourself while you take care of others. I'm learning that putting ourselves first is not selfish as it provides us with the strength to help others. We do appreciate your encouragement, support, and sense of humour. We'll "see" you when you get back.

I forgot my phone at home so I don't have my totals, but here is my menu.

B - protein shake and large black decaf.

S - Skyr and unsweetened applesauce

L - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

D - Scrambled egg with 1/2 oz. cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp. of salsa

S - Skyr and applesauce

Enjoy your day and the long weekend. Today is the last day of the summer preview.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active
Recent Topics