Tell me about your exercise schedule on Optifast!

cheeka
on 5/25/17 10:23 am

I've been doing Crossfit 2-3 times/week, biking to work 2-3 times/week, and running once or twice a week. I'd like to keep it up a long as possible because I love doing all those things. I've already been told I shouldn't do Crossfit; so I'm benched from that for the next few months.

What did you/are you doing while on optifast? How do you feel when working out?

GP Referral: Nov. 2016 | Orientation, Intake assessment: Jan. 2017 | Nutrition class: Feb. 2017 | Dietitian approval: March 2017 | May 2017: Meet the surgeon! | Surgery: June 2017! | POST-OP!! | Optifast: -18 lbs | HW: 251 lbs | CW: 204.6 lbs | GW: 140 lbs | Woo-free zone

LettingLayneyLoose
on 5/25/17 4:17 pm

I've just finished my 5th week of Optifast and I work out 5 days a week. Usually, I do an hour of step aerobics or walk/run intervals on the treadmill and a basic weight routine to try to maintain the muscle I've got. I'm waiting until I'm done with Optifast to start a more significant lifting program.

I feel great working out, surprisingly. I usually burn between 800 and 1100 calories each work out according to my heart rate monitor and haven't had any issues with low energy or feeling like I couldn't go on. I typically go as hard as I can and aim to get my HR into the 170s during my high intensity intervals.

HW: 299 CW: 165 GW: 150

Started Optifast on April 21, 2017 at 248lbs through the Ontario Bariatric Network medical program.

Most Active
Recent Topics