For HRRH is the surgeon I meet after orientation the actual surgeon?

Lucile777
on 6/15/17 5:52 pm

Hello everyone. I'm meeting Dr. Starr very soon. I've had my orientation and this will be my first actual appointment. Will he be my actual surgeon? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Also, what can I expect at this appointment? I've read some bad reviews on rate my MD about Dr. Starr so I kind of feel uneasy. Any insight would be very helpful!

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 6/16/17 3:55 am

Yes that will be your surgeon (at least in my case it was; I also went through HRRH).

I met him the same day as my trio (RN, Dietitian and Social Worker). It was basically a 5 minute brief over view of the surgery, what my BMI was and that I was a good candidate. And that was that!

You also meet the Internist who also must give approval.

So in a nutshell: RD, RN and SW must approve, Surgeon must approve and Internist. Once you've received approval from all those folks then you are scheduled for your surgery! You have one final appointment with your surgeon where you sign the consent and pick up your optifast

Hope this helps!

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

Lucile777
on 6/16/17 1:28 pm

Definitely helps- thank you! What does the internist do? Does the internist do a physical Checkup?

thanks!

Tracks
on 6/16/17 5:36 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

This was my experience. The surgeon I met first was the one who performed my surgery. I was also through Humber.

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Most Active
Recent Topics