What are you Eating/Doing Today - Canada Day!

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/17 4:29 am - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

Morning everyone & a very awesomely Happy Canada Day!

I've already been up and out for a 3k walk with the dog before the heat starts up. I honestly don't have anything planned today, and I kind of like it that way. I am debating going out to the Canada Day Celebrations...but that may change if the weather changes.

Food wise...I'm really struggling today. It's so easy to plan during the week as I eat most of my meals at work, and the weekends it seems like everything just falls apart.

Breakfast - poached eggs with an english muffin and a little bit of gouda cheese

Snack - Yogurt & Kiwi

Lunch - hummus and cucumbers on large crackers with a large pickle

Snack - Cashews & blueberries

Supper - Beef with roasted mini potatoes and roasted squash

leeann73
on 7/1/17 5:50 am

Happy Canada Day. We are at the cottage for the next week. I have all the basics for on track eating here but the planning isn't done. Today I will likely have:

b: Greek yogurt

snack: peanut butter on Ryevita crackers

lunch: turkey pepperettes and cheese curds

snack: jello pudding

dinner: chicken breast and shrimp

snack: Greek yogurt

4 months out and I have not really added in any fruits and veggies on a regular basis. I know I need to but I like protein first and it fills me.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Meggles07
on 7/1/17 5:57 am - Canada

Good morning and happy Canada Day!! :)

Not too much planned for today. We went shopping in the states yesterday and the border crossing was jammed!! Silly us ;)

Today will probably just be a few house projects and chores. We have friends coming over for dinner.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - sliced turkey

Lunch - chicken and veggie curry

Snack - turkey sausage

Dinner - ribs and veg

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

Patm
on 7/1/17 7:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Happy Canada Day. A little house work then hopefully out for a bike ride. Hoping the rain will hold off.

Had too much sugar last night. I should know better. Definite RH reaction. So trying to eat better today

b greek yogurt, blueberries, granola

l chicken salad, yogurt

s celery and laughing cow

d shish - k -bob, tzatziki, salad

s tea

Kathy1212
on 7/1/17 9:11 am

Happy Canada Day, everyone!

It is still raining and dreary here but it's supposed to clear up later in the day; I hope so.

I'm on day 5 or so of a major migraine. I'm going to have to give in and take some tylenol 3 as the regular tylenol aren't cutting it. I sure hope this will pass as it's awful. I saw my doctor last week, on the 27th and he told me to stop taking my high blood pressure med (coversyl) and I've been feeling awful since, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. Now I'm wondering if he forgot to tell me to wean myself off it. I'm going to take one today, and take it every other day for a week, instead of every day. I'll also call my pharmacist on Monday.

I managed to get in 550 calories, 19 grams carbs, and 60 grams of protein yesterday, which is the minimum amount of protein I need (I'm supposed to get between 60-80 and usually aim for 70). So that was better than the two days before. The jerky I made really helps as a healthy, protein forward snack.

I can't even think of exercise right now as the pain is so bad even turning my head is agony, but hopefully the tylenol 3's will help and I can at least go for a walk or swim later.

I'm at 21.5 weeks out from RNY surgery; my menu:

Breakfast: decaf with premier protein, 1 slice Weigh****chers whole grain bread with 1 tbsp organic peanut butter.

Lunch: Greek yogurt with either strawberries or blueberries

Supper: BBQ chicken

Snack: Beef Jerky, maybe some cherry tomatoes if I have room for them.

556 calories, 28 g total carbs, 22 g fat, 6 g fibre, 62 g protein, 12 g sugar. Plus all water, vitamins.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics