Anxiety!

Jo0710
on 7/14/17 12:04 pm

So I hadn't brought much food wise to work and there is a Supplement King down the road. I had to go out to grab a birthday present for one of my son's friends so I opted to go in there. I always make my DH go into places like that because I've always felt out of place when I was big.

Well now I'm 204 at 5'9 and getting skinnier and I STILL feel out of place. I get anxiety when I go into places like that or sport check looking for athletic clothes. I even felt it when I was in reitmans shopping in their "normal" and not their plus size section yesterday.

I'm planning on joining a gym come September when it's fall, my schedule allows it and it's too cold to swim. I would really like it to stop!

Anyone else feel this way or am I alone? I'd love to get it to stop but these mind games keep up.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/17 1:00 pm

Congrats on loss--- psychologically the "fat" girl thing is hard to lose ... I have lost and gained so many times and it stayed with me. This time I will work on my insides and outside together.

One day you will look in the mirror and accept and love the new you!!!

Jo

Meggles07
on 7/14/17 4:40 pm - Canada

Just wait until the opposite happens... I popped into Pennington's today to look at t-shirts. Didn't get acknowledged, no offer of help, nothing. Same thing happened when I went to Additionelle with my sister -- they helped her but didn't talk to me. Since my fat brain says I should still be shopping there it really freaked me out.

Kathy1212
on 7/15/17 11:24 am

I get that feeling in "young" stores; stores where weird music is blaring and I just feel like I don't fit in (and honestly the weird blaring music bugs me so much I won't go in anyway, lol).

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

leeann73
on 7/16/17 6:49 am

It sounds like your "fat brain" is trying to sabotage you by making you feel you do t belong or deserve to be in those stores. BUT YOU DO. You have worked hard. You are doing great. When you get those feelings say to yourself. This is my life. I deserve to be here.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics