Working during Opti-Fast?

missmac67
on 7/16/17 8:51 pm
RNY on 08/01/17

Hi! I am new to the group - thanks for being here! I start my Opti-fast Tuesday morning. I have taken this day off work to "ease" into it. I have heard from others that bathroom breaks can be frequent and "explosive" should I be worried? I work in a corporate office and don't sit the closest to the bathroom. My friend took two out of her three weeks off should I consider doing that too? Any advise would be helpful!

Ginnny
on 7/17/17 3:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I didn't have the problem, quite the opposite in fact. Many people had to take benefibre or something similar during Opti.

Yes, some people got the "opti trots" you won't know the effect on your system until you start.

Good luck.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Beachgirl77
on 7/17/17 5:59 am

I am on day 4 of Optifast and I didn't take any time off. I haven't had the "explosive" at all . I have been adding benefibre as the dietitian recommended, and I seem to be ok with that . I have been having to pee a lot though ! Day 1 was very easy for me it was Day 2 & 3 I had a really BAD headache that wouldnt go away . (I am sure it' is just due to withdrawal from caffeine and carbs ) I have taken some Tylenol and it seems to help .

Good luck !

Jo0710
on 7/17/17 6:58 am

I didn't take any of the optifast time off. No bathroom issues for me either.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Kathy1212
on 7/17/17 7:33 am

Hi,

I only had trouble with needing the washroom super quickly on Day 1 of Optifast; after that, it was like the others said and I had the opposite problem with not needing it at all.

You should be fine; your body will give you plenty of clues if you'll need to go so don't worry.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

MeltingMindyLoo
on 7/17/17 8:53 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I can be added to the list of folks who had no bathroom issues with Opti.

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

Tuktu
on 7/17/17 9:08 am
RNY on 03/07/17

No time off and no issues for me at all.

lexxiblue
on 7/17/17 5:37 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

taking time off because of opti?? in all the 6 years i've been on this forum.. i've never ever ever heard of taking time off because someone was drinking opti... some people are on the opti fast "diet" from the general hosp in hamilton... can you imagine taking 6 months off work??? oh well... i didn't have that much vacation time to take off for something like that.. but good luck to those that do! and that, it just MY opinion!

missmac67
on 7/18/17 9:30 am
RNY on 08/01/17

Thank you for your advise. My friend took two weeks off - really not knowing what to expect. She did have some rough bathroom experiences. She only had to do three weeks of Opti before her surgery. I started today - I had a sick day to burn so I took it off but I hope to be back to work tomorrow and the next two weeks - my last day of work before surgery is July 28 I have my surgery 8/1 - thanks for your post. I appreciate your support.

leeann73
on 7/18/17 4:35 am

No time off here for opti. The distraction of work was really good and helped the days go by faster and prepare for time off after the surgery. You will know what is best for you. Do what you need to do for yourself good luck. It is an amazing life long journey

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics