Pureed stage and weight after surgery

Beachgirl77
on 8/13/17 2:53 pm

Well I'm 3 days into the puréed stage , and it has been great ! It felt so nice to even eat a saltine cracker ! (Even though 1 is definitely enough for me ). I was starting to struggle with the full fluid stage, so I'm glad it has passed.

I just wanted to ask though, when did everyone start weighing themselves ? I have made a big mistake by stepping on the scale every morning ...I had to have my husband take the scale away . I just feel like it's been a slow start , especially with the weight gain after surgery ..

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/17 3:29 pm

Congrats! I hear that all the time... yum a saltine... cute ;)

Mahalo F.
on 8/14/17 4:43 am, edited 8/14/17 10:35 pm

Congratulations on getting this far!

I am 7 months out and still weigh myself every day!

Yes... The obsession of weight loss!

I would stay away from those saltine crackers. Stay away from starches they are the devil especially early on. Salt will cause fluid retention. Have a Greek yogurt instead. Protein Protein Protein so much better.

Keep up the great work!

Sandra

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Beachgirl77
on 8/14/17 7:32 am

It's say I can have saltine crackers in my booklet from the hospital !? I don't eat the salted ones . And to be honest 1 is good when I do have one and it's not all the time , it's amazing how things taste different after not having them for a while !

I

Ginnny
on 8/14/17 9:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

They also suggest you eat grains and potatoes too usually. Not a good idea so early on to be eating carbs of any sort. Get the weight off first. Carbs are not good during the weight loss phase. Wait until you reach goal.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

GeorgianBay_Girl
on 8/14/17 6:08 am

I weighed myself every day since the Optifast phase

Don't be discouraged; some days you're up, others you're down; it's all relative

As for crackers: I remember that first bite of one and it was wonderful! I'm 5.5 months post-op and have maybe had 7 crackers since then. If I'm craving some sort of bread I have half a Flat-out wrap and try to keep my carbs under 30g/day (this includes fruit, so it adds up fast)

Best of luck!!

Referral date: May 19, 2016 | Info session: July 12, 2016 | Surgeon Approval: December 2, 2016 | Pre Op: January 24, 2017 | Trio: February 9, 2017 | Surgery Date: March 3, 2017, Humber River Regional Hospital

Starting Weight: 253 | Post-Optifast Weight/day of surgery: 237 | Current Weight: 123.2

Beachgirl77
on 8/14/17 7:40 am

The weighing part is definitely hard sometimes . I was 235 going into surgery and up to 245 after surgery , all together now I have lost 23 lbs , but I find the scale is the same each day I go on it ..so I have had to stop . I am just going to weigh once a week , as it does get discouraging .

I am just making sure I get all my vitamins , protein, and water . I find I can't eat too much these days, and the crackers are just an extra bonus ..just nice to bite into something once and a while lol

Tuktu
on 8/14/17 6:35 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Congrats on getting through the full fluid stage! You will be breezing through the next few phases in no time.

I weigh myself only once a week - sometimes I have made the mistake of getting on the scale midweek and I was not down when I expected to be down and it really put me in a bad mood and I got discouraged. I find for me once a week is enough to see progress and keep me motivated

Beachgirl77
on 8/14/17 7:42 am

The scale can be so discouraging I agree ! i will be only weighing once a week from now on

missmac67
on 8/14/17 7:38 am
RNY on 08/01/17

Hi - I have found the fluid stage VERY difficult - this last week has been the longest! I start pureed foods on Saturday. I am curious to know what you started with. I too like to weigh every day..... I put a towel over the scale and I try to drink water before I even get out of bed so that I don't do it! That being said I read somewhere that Wednesdays are the optimal days to weigh yourself - So I am waiting (again hard for me to do****il then. I will keep you posted.

TOGETHER we can be BETTER

Best, MJ

Most Active
Recent Topics