First day of my three week optifast

Deezee
on 8/21/17 12:23 pm
RNY on 09/11/17

So far I have had my morning and afternoon. I had vanilla mixed with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. I liked it and it really helped cut down the after taste! Tonight for dinner I will try the chocolate mixed with caramel and hazelnut extract. I'm trying to play with flavours so I don't get board, three weeks is a long time for just liquids, so the more interesting I can make the flavours hopefully it will make this part of my journey go smoother.

Dee321ca
on 8/21/17 12:28 pm

That's a great approach! I like your flavour combinations. Chocolate with 1/8 to 1/4 tsp mint extract would be good if you like chocolate mint. Hazelnut, vanilla and a bit of raspberry make a 'birthday cake' type flavour. Orange and vanilla would make a creamsicle type flavour. You could have a lot of fun with it!

Deezee
on 8/21/17 12:57 pm, edited 8/21/17 6:01 am
RNY on 09/11/17

Thank you very Dee321,

I will diffinitely try the one that tastes like birthday cake, because my birthday is this Saturday August 26th. So liquid birthday cake it is lol. I'm not crazy about mint what so ever, but the creamsicle sounds amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

Dee321ca
on 8/21/17 1:03 pm

No problem - i had a Starbucks themed birthday party for my girls this summer, so i'm very versed in recipes for flavoured drinks! I ordered Torani syrup online to make mine - they sell sugar free versions. But using real extracts is a good way too. :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 1:44 pm

Great idea- I got organic flavourings from Iherb.com..

Meggles07
on 8/21/17 7:59 pm - Canada

One thing I would recommend is making small sample batches of the flavours. I decided to try adding coconut extract to the chocolate flavour and found it disgusting. I don't think I would have been able to choke down a whole shake if I had made it that way.

My personal favourite was vanilla with SF red raspberry Torani. I thought it tasted like a viva puff cookie. I know some people don't like the added sweetness but I made mine with lots of ice and extra water. I drank the chocolate plain, but I love chocolate :)

Deezee
on 8/21/17 8:26 pm, edited 8/21/17 1:28 pm
RNY on 09/11/17

Hi Meggles07,

I agree with you and have been doing a small test batch before committing to a flavour. I wouldn't be able to choke it down, and it would totally turn me off. So far I like the vanilla with pumpkin pie spice w/cinnamon and for dinner I had chocolate with Hazelnut and banana extract, it was good. I'm finding the chocolate a lot easier to drink, I find the vanilla to be sweeter. So I'm going to try adding coffee and ice to the vanilla and see if that helps with the sweetness. I do find the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon help with the sweetness. Someone else gave a good idea, if your finding the vanilla just isn't working for you then try adding coco powder and turn it into chocolate.

Most Active
Recent Topics