TWH - Final Appointments?

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 3:44 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

So, next week I have the nutrition class at TWH but still have not received my appointments to see the dietitian and psychologist. Will I receive them at that class like you receive the first ones at orientation? Is it possible to speak to someone at the clinic on that day to get appointments?

I'm traveling in so want to make the most of my time. Alternatively, would it be worthwhile to see if I can get an appointment on the same day as the class too so as not to waste the travel time.

Thanks for any advice. The appointments have gone so well so far that I'm wanting to hurry things up, I'm so excited.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 3:49 pm - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

You should receive you appointments for the nutrition one on one and the psychological assessment at the nutrition class.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 3:58 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Thank you!!

Tigress29
on 10/9/17 4:23 pm

What an exciting time for you! I remember when I was in your situation and I really wanted to get things done and booked. I just wanted to say that I had to wait and it really sucked. However, you will get the next appointments at the nutrition class once the class is over; not at the start.

If someone is still at the desk when the nutrition class is over you can talk to them. I think someone is there until around 5:00. It never hurts to ask about your appointments (try calling the next day). You might get lucky and be able to merry some of them up but I was never able to.

I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK in this exciting time!

Referral October 2015, TWH Orientation December 7 2015, Nurse & Social Worker Feb 25 2016, Nutrition Class Apr 11 2016, Psychiatrist Apr 13 2016, Surgery Feb 14 2017, Surgery Postponed Jan 29 2017, Psychiatrist Oct 5 2017, Nurse Oct 25 2017, Meet the Surgeon Feb 2 2018, Revision Surgery Date April 10 2018

HW 336

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 4:45 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Thank you so much!

I'm not holding my breath about moving appointments up because I have to work around my work schedule but that's ok. I got lucky and just happened to have vacation booked for next week so I don't need to take extra time off work. I've been doing my appointments via telehealth but am not averse to traveling into the city if an appointment lands on my day off.

Most Active
Recent Topics