Unexpected but Wonderful NSV

Kathy1212
on 10/22/17 9:28 am

Hi guys,

So my Dad's birthday is tomorrow, but we're going for wings today with all the relatives, and after that they are coming here for coffee and cake. So last night my Mom baked a chocolate cake, and it smelled heavenly.

Pre op, chocolate cake was my absolute favourite cake. I was reading the package (Mom cheated and just made a Duncan Hines) to see the sugar and carb content, wondering if I could manage a very tiny slice, or even a bite. It just smelled so good. There was a tiny crumb from the cake that fell off so I tasted it, expecting sheer bliss, and...it tasted so awful I actually said "ew"!

I am SOOOOOO HAPPY that I hate it, lol. I mean, it repulsed me. So, then I tasted a bit of chocolate icing from the empty icing bowl... and ewww! It was awful!

It actually upset my stomach, which is weird because the crumb was the size of a pea, and the taste of icing was just the tip of my baby finger, not thick or anything, literally a tiny lick.

I'm happy, but it's very weird that I didn't like it as I still love hot cocoa made with Fry's cocoa powder.

Today will be the first time I'm trying wings since surgery. I can't wait, lol. I'm going to have the plain wings, with hot sauce on the side.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Tuktu
on 10/22/17 12:40 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

I can totally understand Kathy! I've tried a few foods that I used to binge on and I don't have much that I can't eat now - I almost wish I had a repulsion and negative reaction to it all. A few things do bother me so I am actually happy when I can't eat it anymore. Makes it so much easier to eat right when you know you have a bad reaction to it.

Enjoy your wings!

Kathy1212
on 10/23/17 9:09 am

The wings were delish!

I'm really happy that I was able to watch everyone eat the chocolate cake and didn't feel deprived because i don't like it any more.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 10/22/17 1:31 pm

I'm glad you didn't like the cake Kathy. Enjoy the wings. I find I can only eat 2 or 3 wings and I'm full. Salad is a different story, I could eat a bowl full of salad.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 10/23/17 5:40 am

That is awesome! Hope you enjoyed your wings.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics