What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 10/26/17 4:13 am

Good morning everyone.

A new gym near me is holding an open house, so I may go and give myself a free workout today. Last night I had a stressful conversation with my father and I need to work out some angst.

3 years post op

B. Protein coffee

L. Breakfast for lunch - egg, bacon (1 slice), Carb Smart bread (1 slice), squirt of Heinz Jalapeno ketchup

D. Roast beef, gravy and maybe a veg.

S. Protein coffee, ricotta fiorella with a TBSP of SF apricot preserves

Totals without veg: 868, carbs 31, fat 38, prot 117

V. Prenatal multi

E. Swimming and gym workout

Have a great day everyone, and try to stay warm.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/26/17 5:41 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not feeling great today but I made it to work. I ended up taking a three-hour nap yesterday while I was off and that seemed to help, but I was dragging by 7pm. My brother is going to come visit this weekend as his college is on strike. He has been begging to come stay with us but having him stay with us really impacts our routines. This is especially hard now that I'm working as well.

Tonight I need to cook up a bunch of chicken for meals so I don't have to think much.

Post-op two years, seven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - turkey sausage

Snack - keilbasa

Snack - pepperoni, cheese

Dinner - BBQ chicken

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 10/26/17 6:44 am

Tell your brother that the puppies have to sleep with him so that you can get a decent sleep. Have a list of chores for him. Raking, cleaning out the gutters, toilet scrubbing. You know, the usual brother is a guest chores, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/26/17 6:52 am - Canada

It's so funny that you say that... he usually takes puppy 2 to sleep with him. Puppy 1 will not stay with him anymore.

And, I already have a mental list for him ;) He gets to puppysit so DH and I can go on a date night lol. And some other things like gathering up broken dog toys that I need to fix. And he lived with us for a few months a couple summers ago, so he doesn't get called a guest anymore.

Ginnny
on 10/26/17 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! Brrrr a cold one here this morning. Thank goodness for heated seats and steering wheel! We tried putting the furnace on last night and nope, wouldn't fire. Have the plumber coming out today to have a look. Can't catch a break. In the summer the AC went and we had to get a part. Eventually we'll need a new furnace but hopefully he can get it going.

Hit the gym for a little cardio this morning (wanted to skip it but felt guilty). I am going to do the water aerobics tonight for sure!

Post Op RNY 18+ mos

B - 2 HB eggs

S - greek yogurt

L - 4 oz chicken and sautéed onions/peppers

S - deli salami, cheese string

D - bacon wrapped sirloin, small Caesar salad

Total Cal 1038, Carbs 29, Protein 91

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 10/26/17 6:45 am

I think Reliance has a deal where you don't pay for 2 years.

Linda M.
on 10/26/17 10:45 am - Orillia, Canada

I started this at 9:30 ... and am continuing at 1:12. Busy morning - so busy I just had the other half of my protein bar put away from breakfast.

B - 2/3 protein bar and black decaf.

L - 1/3 protein bar and black decaf and 1/2 cup of crab meat mixed with a hard boiled egg and 1 tbsp. low fat mayo

S - cheese stick

D - 2/3 cup of crab meat mixed with a hard boiled egg and 1 tbsp. low fat mayo

S - Skyr and strawberries

I have a meeting tonight, so the lunch I brought will be dinner before I leave work. I had a great walk with my daughter last night, without the baby as it was getting colder. We did 6.2 km. in 56 minutes - but who's counting - lol. We were going at a good clip and I was able to talk throughout and never feel winded. My legs were a bit stiff this morning, but that's it. Walking without an additional 90 lbs. is true bliss and will only get better.

Calories: 803, Protein: 80 gr., Carbs: 42 gr. All water and vitamins.

Enjoy your day and keep warm. BTW - do we ever feel warm again? I'm not allowed to touch my husband or kids anymore and hugs are out of the question unless I'm wearing mittens! And don't talk about my feet in bed ... ugh!

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 10/26/17 3:14 pm

You will feel warm again, but not as warm as when we had all of that extra insulation, lol.

6.2 k is amazing. Doesn't it feel wonderful to feel strong and move so much more easily.

Kathy1212
on 10/26/17 11:51 am

Hi Menu friends,

I am sooooo cold, lol. It's going to take some getting used to, as I used to always feel hot pre op.

There's a cute hamster up for adoption at our local humane society and I'm really tempted. I really want a dog but can't get one where I'm currently living, so am seriously thinking of adopting the tiny little guy or gal. He (or she) is super cute, but I'm hesitant because I haven't had a hamster since early in my teaching career, where i somehow ended up agreeing to look after every tiny classroom pet in the entire school for the summer, and then none of the other teachers took the critters back and I had a spare room filled with rodents, turtles, and birds for years, lol. Plus my dogs and parrot and fish. I still have flashbacks to how much I hated cleaning all of those cages, lol. I had more pets than some pet shops for awhile there.

I'm really bummed because my taste buds have suddenly changed. I normally really love beef protein, in the form of steak or extra lean hamburger patties, but all of the sudden last week, I couldn't taste the beef in the burger any more. I tried two different patties, both home made, and couldn't taste them. Then yesterday I had steak and couldn't taste it. All other foods taste normal. I'm wondering if I'm back in ketosis after splurging on Thanksgiving and it's changing my taste buds, or maybe I'm coming down with a cold or flu again. I feel super cold and achy.

Breakfast: 2 cups decaf with 1/4 caramel premier protein in each

Lunch; Home made chicken soup

Supper: Steak

Snack: Pepperette, cheese string, apple (sans peel)

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 10/26/17 3:19 pm

Tastebuds are weird. Mine kept changing after surgery. Many of the foods that I loved before surgery just don't do anything for me now. I don't even crave them.

I say go for the hamster, but with the stipulation that you have to stop at just one. Name him or her Lays, lol.

For feeling cold and achy I love to have a nice hot bath. It's the only thing that seems to warm these old bones. I have been known to put some bubbles in the bath and take a latte to sip on.

Most Active
Recent Topics