Hangry and advice needed.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/17 4:37 pm

Oh let the whining start.

First let me say I am very greatful to be approved for the surgery and the chance at a healthier thinner life.

Second, I am hungry. I just completed week one of the Opti Fast. Out of 2 and half weeks. I have 11 more days until Nov 22nd and surgery. I know this is all worth it but it is hard. Family having these yummy balanced meals and my daughter makes cookies and hubby nibbling on chips.

They do not have the weight issues I do and they are very suppitive. But... am angry.

One other thing is going through my mind. The nurse and Nut told me that some people have a limit to how much they can lose. A wall so to say. I mentioned that I seem to hit a wall at 275 and they that that is likely all I will lose the.

REALLY? DID anyone else get told this? Am I point myself through all of this to stop at 275? I am struggling with this. I am a super positive person but.... dah.

A penny for your thoughts.

Penny

RosieBelly
on 11/11/17 4:52 pm

Penny! What the ? That cannot be true!

Okay on the Optifast front, the hangry is a definite issue. I don't hv to deal with hubby or with kids but I do have to deal with co-workers one of whom is eating a pepperoni pizza at his desk next to mine as I write! I am due in ten minutes to have my last Optifast for the day and then I have some broth and I only finish work at 12:30...sigh...

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/17 6:46 pm

I know Rosie!

And I never thought much about it till now... but now I hear their voices echoing in my head. These last few days. I have started to add ice to my shakes and blend them and it makes the shake last longer and there is more to it.

But like One says below.. We both want this and we will have it. I just get hungry and cranky which is crazy for me. I am one of the goodies cheerleaders who is bubbly all the time.

Lol

Penny

Ps pizza used to be one of my favorite. Oye

RosieBelly
on 11/12/17 4:11 pm

I had a chat with my co-workers and asked them very politely to eat in the lunchroom and they all have graciously started to do that. I told them they only have to tough it out for another week and a half.

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 4:43 pm

That was awesome of them! I am happy that will make it easier. Every ittle bit right?

A week and a half to go.

oneatatime
on 11/11/17 4:56 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Penny,

The nutritionists say the stupidest things. Honestly. There is no way your body will stop at 275 if you keep working the program.

Prior to WLS, I was a slow loser, I had all sorts of issues, i was hangry on Opti for the few few days. But now, everything is different. Part of it is choice, for sure. You have to want this. But because our insides are rerouted, we are physically different and capable of losing the weight in a way we never could before.

Sure, you'll get cravings but that's up to you to manage. You have to decide what you want most. The surgery will do its work if you do yours. I am looking to get below 242 for the first time in my adult life, and I actually believe it's possible.

I went through a period right before surgery of worrying if it would work for me so I totally get it. Hang in there. Let go of the crap even "experts" tell you. You absolutely can achieve any goal you decide to as long as you keep working at it.

Stop looking at what family is eating with envy. Start enjoying your new gift. Be grateful for what you have. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/17 6:54 pm

I took a nice drive and picked up a XLarge Timmies honey lemon tea. I came back I walk into my poor husband eating ice cream. Lol he quickly hides it and puts it away.

I put all the bread, my daughter' cookie, and some cookies a neighbor dropped off in the cabinets. Told them both to just keep it out of site to help me. They were more then happy to agree.

Of course I want this and I will have it. I feel like.. this is the hardest part for me. I can take pain, gas, cramps, vomiting..(although vomit on a freshly torn apart stomach is scary) the ups and downs of emotions better then this. Seems silly?

I also took what the nutritionist said with a grain of salt until today. It has been a harder few days. I am over hinking but yes I will stick to it and like you... I am.fighting for something I have not had in 8p% of my adult life.

Btw I review your 2 week post. It helped to keep me focus.

Thank

Penny

oneatatime
on 11/11/17 8:13 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

You're not the first to say Opti is the hardest part of the journey. Honestly, I hope this is the hardest part of the whole journey for you!!! May the rest be smooth sailing. :)

Everyone's journey is so unique. The head really is the hardest part, ie the cravings and head hunger. It sounds like your family is super supportive which is so amazing. Great that the food is out of sight. That will go a long way.

Keep staying the course. It will get easier. ((Hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Smoka
on 11/13/17 6:14 am
RNY on 09/12/17

I totally agree with oneatatime!

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Harpediem
on 11/11/17 6:59 pm

I think the anger will pass in a couple days. Especially when you see how much you're losing on the optifast.

i can't imagine you'll stop at 275. No. There are too many posts from people who started at your weight and higher who ended up below 150. That whole first year after surgery will be such a gift. You'll be amazed at how the pounds melt away if you "stay with the program."

youre almost there. 10 more sleeps!

Most Active
Recent Topics