Worried after orientation

Carinaangel22
on 12/1/17 10:03 pm

I just had orientation and worried if I have done enough to lose weight so I don't get declined. I've tried working out and eating right, diet pills, vegetarian, Starving, cabbage diet and dash diet. Is this enough? Just signed u for weigh****chers online.

Jo0710
on 12/2/17 6:55 am

You should be fine. I had done the same as you, hired a personal trainer, did herbal magic/herbal one, weigh****chers etc. I'd lose and then i'd regain plus more. They will ask you to write about what you've tried. Just be honest. Things will work out.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/17 8:37 am, edited 12/2/17 12:38 am

I don?t know what hospital you?re with but I?m pretty sure that when I went to orientation they just explained that have you tried losing weight and if you have were you successful and then did you put it back on?I don?t think you get declined for the fact that you can?t lose weight!

I don?t know maybe it?s me but I?m thinking this program is for people who can?t lose weight without the tool!! Don?t stress... Over the years I?m sure you?ve tried so many diets you don?t even remember most of us have!!

Clutch
on 12/2/17 2:33 pm

I am with TWH and didn't feel pressured to justify that I had failed to lose weight on my own. I guess, for them, it is more about your willingness to change now and follow the guidelines.

Referral: September 2016, TWH. Orientation: December 2016. Social Worker & Nurse: March 2016. Nutrition class: May 2017. Psychologist: June 2017. Dietician: July 2017. Surgeon: November 2017. Pre-admission: January 8, 2018. Surgery: January 16th, 2018!

Carinaangel22
on 12/2/17 4:34 pm

I'm doing my process through Guelph at the moment. Have my RN appointment coming up and then SW and dieticen next month. I started Weigh****chers online to show that I'm still trying. Just sick of losing and gaining over and over.

SweetRide1
on 12/4/17 12:47 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I think they want to know that you have attempted to lose weight on your own and through various other means without long lasting success.

In my case, 4 goes at Weigh****chers, Bernstein, Atkins, Curves and a stint at the Wharton Clinc. I always lost but never kept it off.

Surgery is such a major decision and we're forever altering our bodies. They need to know that you've tried previously and that now "here you are".

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics