Starting Optifast during Christmas

Lina_Ann
on 12/6/17 1:16 pm

I got my surgery date about an hour ago and start Opti December 18th :( if I didn't take the January 8th appointment, I would have to wait until the end of February for my surgery. My birthday is December 21st so on the 17th I will be going to East Side Mario's and stuffing my face silly for my birthday! Lol. My surgeon said I could have plain turkey breast with no gravy and veggies for Christmas if I was doing a Christmas dinner, but that was it.

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

SchnauzerMum
on 12/6/17 10:55 pm
RNY on 12/06/17

Hi Lina,

congrats on getting your surgery date! I just had my surgery with Dr. Neville today (I'm currently lying awake in the noisy hospital room). She is fantastic as you already know.

I will be completely honest with you, day 2 or 3 of Opti I cheated by eating a couple spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and it took me around 8 days to go into ketosis. It was rough, but once your body goes into ketosis you won't even care about food. So I wish I had just held off...

Also, we are almost bday twins! My birthday is the 20th AND the day I get to start soft foods. That's an excellent idea to celebrate on the 17th so you still get to celebrate :)

Referral to OBN: June 20, 2017

Surgery with Dr. Neville - Ottawa, ON: December 6, 2017

nitethyme
on 12/7/17 12:25 pm, edited 12/7/17 4:27 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 12/18/15

Hi there, I had my surgery December 18th but during my Opti-fast stage missed out on a perogy and cabbage dinner that my cousins and I make annually to celebrate our Ukrainian heritage... I made them but decided to sit in the living room and enjoy my Opti-fast shake and watch TV while they ate their dinner, I still enjoyed the company before and after dinner. I can't deny it was hard but it was worth it... this is the real test but you can do this ... wishing you every success! oh and for Christmas dinner I had tomato soup lol ...

Referral: September 2014; TWH Orientation: December 9, 2014; Social Worker: March 2015; Nutrition Class: May 5,  2015; Nurse Practitioner: May 20, 2015; Psych Evaluation: August 2015; Nutritionist: September 2015; Meet the Surgeon: November 6, 2015; Pre-Op: December 4, 2015; Scheduled Surgery: December 18, 2015; HW 367; SW 341

Most Active
Recent Topics