What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday) Dec. 12

Ginnny
on 12/12/17 5:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! Welcome to winter! Today was certainly a testament to my will power and motivation. Our first significant snow event.....you could've drove a tank through the parking lot at the gym!

I was a good girl and got my butt there since I took yesterday off. Wrote my exam yesterday and don't feel really good about it. Not horrible but meh, is what it is.

B1 - 1 small banana, 1 tbsp. peanut butter

B2 - 2 egg, egg salad

S - greek yogurt with 2 oz blueberries

L - 4 oz meatballs with 2 tbsp. bbq sauce, tomato/cucumber salad with greek dressing

S - 4 slices deli turkey, 1 slice light cheese, 2 dill pickles

D - chicken parm (maybe with some brown beans haven't decided yet and they aren't in my totals)

Total Cal 1250, Carbs 84, Protein 98

Stay warm out there!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 12/12/17 5:47 am

Good morning Ginny everyone. Ginny you and I were posting at the same time, thank goodness for copy and paste. Good on you for going to the gym. I will follow your example.

Another late start to the day for me. My knee is still giving me issues. I woke up in the middle of the night again and couldn't get back to sleep. I ended up snacking on a crab cake, then was able to fall back to sleep for a bit. I have to come up with a better plan if this happens again.

This morning I'm going to the gym to just work on upper body. My arms are mush and I need to get some strength.

3 years post-op

B. Lots of decaf coffee throughout the day. Not hungry right now because of the crabcake.

B2. Scrambled eggs with peameal bacon

L. Spicy tuna salad on 1 slice of toasted protein bread with slices of avocado

D. Crab cake (they are on sale this week) with poached egg on top and a little Hollandaise, small kale salad with avocado, sliced apple and Honey/Dijon dressing.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 12/12/17 5:53 am

Twenty Days Post-op!

Started off with 20 minutes on the treadmill and then showered, did my hair and pretty much waited around for my AM friend (I have a PM friend who comes as well) who is dog walking to carry my lame little girl down the stairs and off we went in the snow! I will do another 20 this afternoon and depending on my energy level I will decorate a bit and maybe do another 20. I have been adding five minutes every few days but 20 is still my max! Small triumphs! All the quantities listed below are estimates because I am still not eating entire meals. QUESTION - my protein intake is good but is the low calorie count normal?

B poached egg w/ cauliflower pizza crust soldier

L turkey meatball and broccoli(almost pureed)

D Tilpia filet and I am going to try some spinach

S1 - protein shake - nitro tech - made with milk

S2 - cottage cheese with pureed strawberry .3 of a cup

total calories 674 protein 86 carbs 31

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Ginnny
on 12/12/17 6:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Rosie,

Everyone is different. I don't think your calorie count is low at all, at 20 days I would have said its pushing a little on the high side. Having said that, your protein looks good so if that's what it takes to get it in so be it. I would likely ditch the veg for now, protein, protein, protein.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

RosieBelly
on 12/12/17 9:01 am

Well that's a rI would rather just stick to proteins anyways! Thanks

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

crqvingchange
on 12/12/17 6:46 am

Protein looks good Rosie. I don't think your calories are high at this point. I was eating close to 350-400/day at that point.

You said you are not eating entire meals, so you calories are probably a little lower that 674. Keep your fluids and your protein numbers up. Remember you have stored energy on your body and that's the stuff you want to burn.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 12/12/17 9:03 am

Sage advice - I am not whining but I have not been losing as quickly as I thought I would over the past two weeks so perhaps cutting out veg and sticking to proteins will help.

crqvingchange
on 12/12/17 9:24 am

Rosie if you use the planner under resources at the top of this page, you can plug in the numbers to see how your weight loss will progress. I've found that weight loss is not linear. It seems to go in spits and spurts.

Most Active
Recent Topics