My WLS on Dec 7th, I apologize ahead.

Murt65
on 12/24/17 6:46 am

Penny,

That sounds awful. I can't imagine how frightening that must have been for you and your husband. I'm so glad they got it all under control for you. Thank you for sharing. I am booked February and I have full incision scar (side to side) from my hysterectomy. I asked Dr. Gmora about it and he said it wouldn't be a problem but I will be sure to address it again when I go in. Who did your surgery?

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/17 9:37 am

I think you will be more fortunate then I.

Why? Your scar is not right above the stomach and upper intestines.

Your scar is side by side and I imagine it it below the belly button? Mine was up and down from my chest bone to my belly button.

If your surgeon says you will be fine I am sure you will be. They see everything.

I have complete faith yours will be much better.

Congratulations and we look forward to seeng you on the losers bench!

Penny

oneatatime
on 12/24/17 7:50 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Thanks for sharing your story, Penny. It can be really scary for pre-ops to think about complications, but even scarier to have them and not have someone there advocating for them like your husband did for you.

Ehat an unfortunate series of events you went through. I am so sorry to learn you were in so much pain and had so many complications. I am thrilled to know you are in good health now, and can celebrate the holidays with your family safely. It sounds like your family is amazing. No surprise... you're amazing!!!

((hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/17 9:40 am

I am sooooo much better and tried to point that out strongly.

Lol I laugh about it now because there were some funny moments as I look back. I know I messaged you once and I was a mess at that poi t but now everthing is great. Moving along smoothly. No issues.

We learn from everything we go through and mine was a bumpy road for sure. It' all good though.

Merry Christmas lady!

Penny

Jo0710
on 12/24/17 9:43 am

Strong woman you are!! Thanks for sharing your story.

I am in London as well if you need any support with anything. :)

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 9:53 am

Thank you Jo!

I appreciate the off. Wise words are always welcome.

LeslieCL
on 12/24/17 1:56 pm
LeslieCL
on 12/24/17 1:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry it was so difficult and I am glad that you are now recovering well.

Leslie

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 9:55 am

Thank you Leslie

I know yours is coming up soon and I am 100% sure it will be much easier. I am excited for You!

Penny

lbelas
on 12/25/17 10:04 am

My surgery (VSG) was 12/8. I'm a former surgical nurse and I always tell people to hope for the best but plan for the worst. I was in for 6 days after a splenic artery was nicked. I too had to have potassium. As I told the floor nurse, there is no was a post op VSG patient can drink that. Mine turned into 3 days of painful infusions. Fortunately, I knew to ask to have the infusions diluted (takes longer, but less painful), have them run with lidocaine, and also to have pain meds on board during the infusions. I actually set the timer on my phone so I could buzz just as soon as it was time for more.

I'm so happy for those who had an uneventful surgery and recovery.

Most Active
Recent Topics