My WLS on Dec 7th, I apologize ahead.

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 10:10 am

Thank you very much and so far since I have been home it has been smooth! I am feeling great and getting more energy every day.

Kathy1212
on 12/27/17 9:22 am

I am so sorry you went through this. There is no excuse for them screwing up your meds like that; I would sue them if they withheld my pain meds like that; I was in crazy pain too, and that was on meds. I can't imagine how awful you must have felt. Thank goodness it's over and done with and you're feeling better now.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 10:13 am

Yes! It is over and done. It was more pain then I have ever been through. I wi**** had been different and I am very happy for those it is different for. I felt bad for my poor room mate... I was watching and a miserable camper for the firs 3 days... Lol but as I felt better I made it up to her.

I got a turkey as a gift and can't wait to make some broth.

Pat D.
on 12/27/17 12:40 pm
VSG on 01/17/18

No apologies necessary! I am scheduled for VSG surgery on January 17th and it's good to have a realistic view of what can happen, and to recognize that I am making a well-informed choice to do this.

I am a little concerned because I have a rare birth defect called a cascade stomach, and my surgeon has never done a VSG on a cascade stomach before. (He went to the national surgical conference in Washington DC in October and didn't find any other surgeon who had done one either, because it is so rare). Instead of being shaped like a sideways letter "J," my stomach is enlarged and shaped like a baseball bat with a curved over top! It protrudes into my diaphragm, and we are hopeful that the VSG will not only help me lose weight, but relieve some pressure on my breathing from the removal of the stomach. (Hope that's not TMI?)

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty and wish you well on your journey to better health!

-Pat

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/17 2:44 pm

Thank you Patricia.

You are a trail blazer in tour own right. I will be praying for you and keep you in my thought. I am sure your surgeon will put the extra time into study the what it's.

You are a brave one to be willing to be the first and congratulations!

Most Active
Recent Topics