Been awhile - Adding a Before/After Photo

Wayne H.
on 1/4/18 8:30 am, edited 1/5/18 11:19 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Hi All,

Been a while since I've posted. Still dealing with my health issue regarding my overactive Immune System.

I have been taking Humira Injections now for the last month. So far so good. Things are already starting to clear up so I'm hoping to have surgery to remove scar tissue over the summer...but that's just optimism on my part.

I've pretty much been static in terms of weight loss for over 3-4 months now :-( because I can't do my regular exercise and this Humira doesn't help with the Food Cravings.

I've actually gained a little weight back over Christmas but am finally able to return to the Gym. I started walking again about 2 weeks ago so we're getting back on track.

Enough of that update....here is the Before/After.

First photo I am 404Lbs and was taken at the start of my Journey..essentially once my Surgery was booked and Optifast was about to start.

Second Photo was taken yesterday, Jan 3rd 2018. I got down to 283..but gained back a bit because of Christmas temptations and lack of exercise.

That weight loss begins again today!!!

Otherwise Happy new year All!!!

Scary.Airy
on 1/4/18 9:26 am

I haven't read your full story yet, and what is up with Humera, but I love that you're just like "yep, slowed down / gained, but that's fine, I am back on track". I also love the pics in front of the same tree :) You look really happy this year - and what a wonderful change! Congrats! And Go RedBlacks! ;)

Wayne H.
on 1/4/18 9:48 am, edited 1/4/18 1:49 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Thank you and yes I feel great. Attitude is half the battle and when I embarked on this journey, I knew that it took me decades to get that big and that it would take time to come off. I didn't expect such a dramatic weight Loss but I have been feeling great every step of the way. I have zero desire to ever get that big again.

Sorry, I should have included my condition. It's called hidradenitis suppurativa. It affects me in my groin area. The Pain and discomfort caused by it prevented me from Walking or working out in a gym since most equipment have seats. Working in an office is challenge enough..let alone the workouts but I am happy to report things are clearing up now with Humira. Oddly enough Humira works for this condition. I expect my WLS Nurse won't be happy as one of the side effects of Humira is "Eating More". Not what I needed but being aware of it makes me think harder about if I need that snack or not.

I almost missed the Redblacks mention. Good Eye!!!

losingit_sa
on 1/4/18 10:00 am
RNY on 08/17/18

Attitude is key, and you have a great one! Even with the ups and downs, you are still looking healthier and happier in your "after" photo! Glad to hear that the Humira is helping the HS, now that that is under control there will be no stopping you!

TWH (Toronto) | Starting Weight - 300, GW- 175

Referral: Jun 21/17 Orientation: Aug 23/17 NP: Sept 27/17 Social Worker: Sept 27/17 Nut Class: Oct 3/17 Sleep Study: Nov 6/17 NP Follow Up: Jan 3/18 Psych: Jan 12/18 Nut: Jan 15/18 Surgeon: June 1/18 Pre-Op: July 27/18 SlimTime: Aug 3/18 Surgery: Aug 17/18

SlimTime: -13.5 M1: -18 M2: -14 M3: -14.2 M4: -14.4 M5: -9.4 M6: -6.4 M7: -6.4 M8: ?

Wayne H.
on 1/4/18 11:25 am
RNY on 02/08/17

And not to mention...I will get a little skin tuck on my thighs as a result ;-)

Tuktu
on 1/4/18 12:10 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

You look wonderful Wayne and you are such a positive happy person with the best attitude! Very inspiring - Christmas does offer lots of temptations so now its a new year - fresh start! Good way to think instead of beating yourself up because your weight fluctuated a little.

rce884
on 1/4/18 1:10 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

You look great and you attitude, as several have said is inspiring!

keep it up and you will be at goal in no time!

Happy new year

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Kiki73
on 1/4/18 7:16 pm

Looking great Wayne! All the best for the New Year

oneatatime
on 1/5/18 2:57 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Happy new year! Great to see an update. Sorry to learn you're having health issues still. Food cravings are a pain.

Well done getting back on track!! Keep on keeping on!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Kathy1212
on 1/5/18 6:22 am

Hi Wayne,

You're looking great!

I'm so glad the injections are working, but sorry to hear about the side effects; that's got to be tough.

I allowed myself a break over Christmas too, and my weight stayed the same for one week, went up by 1.2 Ibs the actual week of Christmas, and is now down again by 1.4 Lbs despite my actually indulging for New Year's Eve and a party yesterday (pizza!). I am so sick of parties now. I thought I was done on boxing day and forgot about the New Year's week extravaganza plus my parents anniversary. The house has been full of cookies, cakes, pies, chips, cheesies, pizza, candies, & chocolates for a month solid. OMG.

I'm so glad to see the pouch still works, even when my brain stops, lol. I'm with you on getting back on track now; we've got this!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics