Need to Share

crqvingchange
on 1/11/18 6:01 pm

Good luck on Tuesday. Remember as soon as you're able, walk, sip, toot, repeat. I am saving a comfy spot for you on the loser's bench.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Manda32
on 1/12/18 12:11 am

What your experiencing is perfectly normal. I had a lot of emotions around that time too. The whole journey to surgery is filled with such ups and downs at times, you feel like it will never happen. So, as your getting closer to the surgery date, I think for a lot of us, emotions take over a bit.

Good luck with surgery next week!!!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

oneatatime
on 1/12/18 12:21 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I'm so excited to follow the next part of your journey!! ((Hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Kathy1212
on 1/12/18 8:07 am

It sounds like you're totally ready and prepared for surgery. I was nervous and excited and very emotional too before my surgery.

I sometimes miss Penningtons. I know it's crazy as I have so many options now, but whenever I drive past Pennington's I get a sense of nostalgia. They have some really nice clothes. I always had nice clothes, and now I shop at Walmart or Value Village because the sizes changed so much over the past year. It's been fun, shopping along the way, and you're going to love each new size you get into, but don't be surprised if you end up missing Penningtons too, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

BattlecryForever
on 1/12/18 5:07 pm
On January 11, 2018 at 10:30 PM Pacific Time, SweetRide1 wrote:

Today was my last day at work before surgery on Tuesday. I feel weird.

I stopped at Pennington's on the way home to buy new underwear. I walked in, I looked around and thought...this is the LAST time I'm shopping here and I felt weird.

I bought some pretty new undies for the hospital...I'm not sure why, but I did.

I got home, I'm sipping on my Optifast and all of sudden got teary and wasn't really sure why, and then I realized it was relief and joy. Weird...I know.

I'm so close it's tangible. I'm going to finally lose this weight and move on with my life. I didn't realize the toll the last 7 months had taken on me. The waiting, the stress; when will the phone ring? I know you all know the feeling.

I've been emotional the last couple of weeks but today I know what I'm feeling and it's still emotional. I will never know how to explain this to anyone but you guys. You will know what I'm feeling.

I'm so excited, grateful, joyful and ready.

I'm off to my pre admission and pre-surgery nutrition class tomorrow. 2 more days of OPTI and then 2 days of clear fluids and then it's really going to happen.

I need to stop crying now before everyone thinks I've lost it. LOL

I bet it will be a great feeling when you don't have to shop at Pennington's anymore. They are so darn expensive!!!

Best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics