What other Forums / Threads do you find useful here

Scary.Airy
on 1/21/18 4:49 pm

So I have been mainly sticking to the Ontario forum; mainly because I know everyone is pretty friendly (haha) and I don't get overloaded with people's experiences that really don't apply (ie. talk about insurance payments, picking and choosing surgery types, very fast wait times, etc).

BUt I am sure there are a lot of threads that are super informative / entertaining / inspiring, etc.

Any you'd recommend?

(I LOVE before and after photo threads, but they make me super impatient - haha)

crqvingchange
on 1/21/18 5:42 pm

Occasionally I will read the RNY Forum or the General Discussion Forum. I like this forum for many of the same reasons that you do. And, as you say, people are friendly.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/18 6:59 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've been on here since 2004 and lots have changed. Our forum is one of the busiest boards now. I find the surgery boards are more about insurance, which doesn't apply to us. I've been all over OH over the years and always find my way back to Ontario board. It's by far the best as far as I am concerned. I joined a few groups and found them useless or cliquish so just left. All depends what you want from OH I guess.

eLoon77
on 1/21/18 7:09 pm, edited 1/21/18 11:10 am
RNY on 09/22/17

Do you have an Instagram account? I pretty much stick to this forum because yes, everyone here is super supportive and kind, and the cir****tances are for the most part quite similar as well as you mentioned. So, to compliment this website I also have an Instagram account that's dedicated to my weight loss surgery journey and I only follow accounts that are doing the same (as most WLS accounts do) so it's a great community to see how people are making out, gain inspiration, see what people are cooking, workouts, progress updates, and all the NSVs! I'm really a visual person so I like the pictures too and find it fun and motivating. I'm also in a Facebook group for my hospital (TWH) as are some others on the forum here. So that's always another place to see before and after and gain insight and inspiration. But, yes...Ontario Forum was where I came first and I'll always be thankful for all the support I got, and still gain on my journey.

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

BattlecryForever
on 1/21/18 8:03 pm

I don't find this site to be very user friendly, to be honest. I have all sorts of problems with it. But anyway, I read General Discussion, RNY, and Diet and Nutrition sections. I sometimes check out the Pregnancy forum as well, as I hope to try for a baby a year or so after surgery.

oneatatime
on 1/22/18 4:42 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I mainly stick to the Ontario forum for all the reasons listed. It's been a great support for me, and a valuable source of relevant information.

Hopefully one day I'll need the plastic surgery board. Lol. I don't go there yet because I'm just too new and don't relate...

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics