Ticked at some GP's

Harpediem
on 1/22/18 5:01 pm

i am very lucky to have a GP *****ferred me without hesitation for wls. In fact, he referred me twice because I backed out the first time a couple years ago after orientation. But time and again I read on these boards about GP's who "don't believe " in wls or think there's something wrong with you for wanting it. Wls is proven scientifically to be a superior treatment for obesity and it's comorbidities. It's not a religion, you don't have to believe in it, the proof is out there.

It just really ticks me off what so many have to go through. It ticks me off that not only do obese people have difficulty finding jobs, getting equal pay, being taken seriously by the world at large, but then when we have the courage to go through Nader the knife to change our lives and correct metabolic disorders , sometimes there are arrogant ignoramuses who don't take the time to read their own medical journals standing in our way.

ticks me off. Just sayin. Rant done.

BattlecryForever
on 1/22/18 5:17 pm
On January 23, 2018 at 1:01 AM Pacific Time, Harpediem wrote:

i am very lucky to have a GP *****ferred me without hesitation for wls. In fact, he referred me twice because I backed out the first time a couple years ago after orientation. But time and again I read on these boards about GP's who "don't believe " in wls or think there's something wrong with you for wanting it. Wls is proven scientifically to be a superior treatment for obesity and it's comorbidities. It's not a religion, you don't have to believe in it, the proof is out there.

It just really ticks me off what so many have to go through. It ticks me off that not only do obese people have difficulty finding jobs, getting equal pay, being taken seriously by the world at large, but then when we have the courage to go through Nader the knife to change our lives and correct metabolic disorders , sometimes there are arrogant ignoramuses who don't take the time to read their own medical journals standing in our way.

ticks me off. Just sayin. Rant done.

It's not a religion, you don't have to believe in it.

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/22/18 5:33 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Amen

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

LeiLei43
on 1/23/18 6:35 am

Please Rant ON....

I have definitely lived this. And it so true we are not asking them to live what we will have to live afterwards either just asking them to refer us and take care of issues we may have afterwards. Which they get paid to do.

MichelleS61
on 1/23/18 9:55 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

My GP is fully supportive and when I brought it up, which was when I realized that nothing but mealtime insulin was going to keep my Diabetes under control any longer. She brought the site up on her computer when through the application with me and sent it off right away.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Most Active
Recent Topics