What are you eating / doing (Friday)

leeann73
on 1/26/18 1:44 am

Hello everyone

Jumped the gun this morning. Can't sleep so I thought I would get up and get a few things done before I hit the gym. I have pushed myself good at the gym this week and feeling sore so I am going to do a "centergy" class this morning which is a mix of yoga/pilates - a good stretch class. Here are my eats for today:

breakfast: premier protein (1/2 before gym, 1/2 after)

snack: almonds, cheese

lunch: taco meat with cheese and avocado

snack: low fat, no sugar pudding cup, 1/2 protein bar

dinner: out to restaurant ... some protein and veggies

Thank goodness it is Friday. Work has been exhausting! Have a great day everyone.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Meggles07
on 1/26/18 4:50 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not feeling well this morning. I have a bit of a yucky question for everyone -- if you vomit does anything actually come up? I feel like my pouch doesn't have enough force to bring anything up. I was never sick after surgery so I don't know what's normal.

Post-op two years, ten months.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt

Snack - turkey sausage

Lunch - leftover casserole

Snack - cheese and crackers

Dinner - tbd, we are going to see family

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 1/26/18 6:36 am

Meg I am so sorry you are feeling ill. From everything I've read, we did not vomit like we did before surgery. My best advice is to try to eats some crackers or toast to absorb some of the acid. Call your Centre and see if it's alright to take a PPI to keep the acid down. You might also want to call the Guelph pharmacist. He is a wealth of knowledge about what post-ops can take and what is effective. He has always been very helpful with me. Sometimes I will email him a question and he usually gets back to me within a day. Because you are pregnant and had RNY you need someone with expert knowledge. Big hugs to you.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/26/18 8:05 am - Canada

Thanks CC

I have a call in at Guelph and I'm hoping they call back soon. I have been trying B6 pills but suddenly the last two days are so much worse. I hope it's not a stomach bug.

crqvingchange
on 1/26/18 6:48 am

Leeann thanks for getting us started. I always say, if you are up first go ahead and post. We all know how to cut and paste if we happen to post at the same time. Ginny and I have done that many times.

Good morning everyone. I let myself sleepin this morning because I had one of those tossing and turning nights. Even DH said get some rest, he will pick up his lunch at work.

This morning I'm going to the gym, and home to do some chores. Tonight DH and I have date night, so I had better find somethin purdy to wear, lol.

Accountability: Yesterday was another small pouch day and I didn't get in 2 of my snacks. I did get a really good work out at the gym.

The eats today at 3.5 years post-op:

B. Lots of decaf, drinking one right now. Half of an egg/bacon sandwich

Snack 1: Half of a protein coffee at the gym

Lunch: Hot Thai Prawn Cakes baked in a portobello mushroom with a little shredded asiago on top

Snack 2: Spicy Pork Rinds with fresh salsa as dip

Dinner: Beef brisket and salad

Snack 3: Burnbrae egg white patty with 1 slice of bacon and fresh salsa (I'm loving this fresh salsa that I buy)

Totals: 707, Carbs. 37, Fibre 10, Fat 34, Prot. 80 Seems low, might add in the other half of the protein coffee

Have a great day, and a better weekend.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/26/18 12:14 pm, edited 1/26/18 4:18 am - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Beautiful sunny day here but very cold.

Already got my gym time in so I'm feeling accomplished :)

Adding some carbs today via thin crackers, last time I had a bit of carbs like that it helped end a stall, hoping it does the same today.

B- Chocolate/peanut butter protein powder with unsweetened almond milk

S- Havarti, pickles and super thin cracker thingys I got at Costco

L- leftover chicken

S- 2 almond/date rolls

D- homemade pizza night. (crust tonight is a recipe made from ground turkey and parmesan cheese)

S- Lite & Fit yogurt.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

crqvingchange
on 1/26/18 2:15 pm

Your homemade pizza sounds interesting. Tell me more, have you made it before?

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/26/18 8:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

I have, but the first time I couldn't find ground chicken so I used ground pork and it tasted like sausage patty.

Today I made it with ground Turkey (again, store didn't have ground chicken) and it was quite good. I bit dry, so I recommend either LOTS of sauce, or extra marinara on your plate to dip the pizza into.

heres the recipe:

http://sassysouthernyankee.com/2014/02/chicken-pizza-crust/

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

Most Active
Recent Topics