Cravings for Pepsi

T-MAC
on 1/26/18 5:58 am - Niagara Falls, on

I have not had any pop or carbonated drinks at all since Sept 09/17 as I was told you cannot have any 2 months before surgery. I didn't think it would be as easy to quit cold turkey as Pepsi was my main addiction and also 80% cause of my weight gain. Sometimes it can be hard when I see one but I still haven't given in

Tuktu
on 1/26/18 6:59 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Good for you!! That's great - stick with it - soda pop is one of the worst things ever invented for us. You got this

SweetRide1
on 1/26/18 7:04 am
RNY on 01/16/18

Good Work. Just remember, you can't have it after surgery either. Carbonation not only introduces air into your pouch it can cause it to stretch too. It also aggravates your pouch. Best to stay away forever.

My big thing was Coke. Loved Coke. And then, I went to Club Soda and flavoured sparkling water. It was my go to. That's all gone now as well.

Honestly, I've actually not missed it. I had 1/2 coke a couple of weeks before my surgery just because, and couldn't fini****

Amazing how great cold water feels these days. LOL

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

crqvingchange
on 1/26/18 7:32 am

You're doing great. It's a small thing to give up in exchange for a healthier life. Everytime you walk away from the Pepsi feel proud of yourself.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ontario_Girl
on 1/26/18 8:09 am - Canada

Yes, as amazing as it sounds, I bet after all this time it would even taste gross for you.

I know a few ppl who has had surgery and you know what? All but 2 of them continued to stay away from pop. And of all of them, those 2 are the only ones *****gained and are not losing. The rest are maintaining a healthy body mass.

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/18 7:52 am

I am 7weeks out and diet Pepsi is still the only thing I miss. Alot. Like someone took my arm off and ripped my soul. I hear a can pop and my mouth waters. I walk by it in the store and I want to beg it for mercy.

But we will march on strong like a soldier who lost its liver.

Abit to dramatic? Maybe but the struggle is real. It was my 11am caffeine pick me up. (Coffee is aweful)

You got this! We got this.

Most Active
Recent Topics