Fussy Eater

RosieBelly
on 2/6/18 9:01 am

I feel like a five year old sometimes with my food tastes! I am 2 months and almost 2 weeks post op and I will eat something for one meal and then cannot stand even the smell of it. I finally got a friend to agree to take my excess when I try a new recipe because I seem to want it once and then never again. I get home from work at about 1 am(having eaten my supper at 8 pm) and will be dying to eat something but my stomach isnt saying I am hungry just my mouth and then if do eat something I am full with just a tablespoon but still want to eat. I am just getting all turned around. Anyone else experience food weirdness-es? ...and I have developed an addiction to nuts, the ones in the large jar mixed nuts roasted w/o salt from Costco so crunchy so delicious...

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

oneatatime
on 2/6/18 12:49 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I find I've been on a roller coaster of eating since surgery. And there is no rhyme or reason. I went through a (thankfully very short) phase of not tolerating water. I have had other phases of no restriction, and some of lots of restriction. Right now, for a few days... I am having a really hard time eating more than a few bites of anything at a time.

Who knows why. I'm so nauseous when I eat. But I know it will pass. Hopefully soon.

Keep trying different things every few days/months rather than giving up on "categories" altogether. Our pouches are finicky, and play tricks on us. In the meantime, feed it what it can handle and don't stress about it. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics