Leg pain after surgery?

Swiggum
on 2/13/18 8:42 pm

Hi folks,

I had my surgery on Friday and was sent home with the all clear on Saturday. Last night (Monday) I started to get pain in my legs - kind of like bursitis pain, a dull ache in the bones - in my legs and hips/knees/ankles. Has anyone experienced this or know what might be happening?

oneatatime
on 2/14/18 3:35 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I would call your centre (nurse hotline) today, or go see your doctor. My overactive imagination always goes to things like "what if it's a blood clot". I'd want to be safe... and there's no way for us to know here.

Best to get it checked out, and if it's nothing, at least you know.

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Swiggum
on 2/14/18 3:53 am

Thanks oneatatime! A blood clot was my fear too, but I'm very lucky that my sister, who is taking care of me, is a nurse and she ruled that out. I am going to call today and see what I can find out.

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/18 4:42 pm

In her knee and leg aches at night but I have had it before surgery as well. It is part of why I decided to get a RNY.

It's a deep bone ache aswell. Not muscle. My doctor has said it just wear and tear on my body and I hope it goes away as I lose.

Swiggum
on 2/14/18 6:17 pm

Deep bone ache - that's exactly it! Ugh! I hope it improves for you soon - I chose to have the surgery because of pain too - I really hope I'm not finding some new ones!

I checked with the lovely nurse navigator as oneatatime recommended and she thinks its some kind of nerve pain. Boooo

Swiggum
on 2/15/18 6:10 am

Update: sodium deficiency! If anyone out there starts having similar pain and serious problems have been ruled out, try adding a little salt to your food, seems to have done the trick for me.

Gizmo78
on 11/11/18 10:47 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 07/11/18

Had surgery last week came out of the hospital Friday and I have a gradual pain taking over my left leg

It started being only the ankle and today it is reaching my knee is that normal?

When I touch the leg itself I don't feel much pain but when I try to start walking I just can't.

Right know I am in bed but I feel my leg hurting, but not able to tell if it is the muscle or a blood cloth or the bone

I have a call with my surgeon at 10am but would like to hear your thoughts that way I can also speak with him about any other possibilities

Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics