PAST 5 YEARS!

lexxiblue
on 2/14/18 3:51 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Hi all.. this is for the vets!!!

SO... after our 5 year appointment, some may say how did you even get one at St. Joe's in Hamilton as they either never got a call or couldn't get through, but I had mine last year mind you... anyways... now I've past my 6 year surgiversary... and my family doctor has all the info for my blood work.. I get it done 2x a year.. paranoid maybe... but another paranoia.. I'm not sure if she even knows what I will or will not need in the future since she doesn't have a clue about bariatric surgery. So, I guess this question is for the Hamilton area people. What do you do?? I know St. Joe's literally "kissed me good-bye" and told me to go out in the world and enjoy my new lifestyle.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Take care of you!!

Deb

TheRealMeWithin
on 2/14/18 4:59 am - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Did you keep a copy of your last bloodworm requisition? At TWH they give us all the requisitions we will need for the 5yrs of followup and I plan on copying one of them so that I have one to show my family Dr each year (mine is also clueless about bariatrics). Pretty sure that is all you need.

At least we are lucky with the 5 yrs of follow up, can you imagine how daunting it must be for the newer people who only get 1yr?

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

lexxiblue
on 2/14/18 5:00 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

thanks for replying.. and oh yes, i kept copies of all my blood req's from the clinic.. i didn't know they were down to 1 year follow-ups.. very sad isn't it? they want us to get healthy but they don't want to help us... when, in my opinion, at maintenance we need it.. well least i need it the most.. i find maintenance the hardest part of my journey!!

crqvingchange
on 2/14/18 8:59 am

You may want to ask for bone scans to make sure that you are absorbing the calcium. If you have copies of your previous blood work, then just have the same tests done.

I saw you were looking for Optifast. Is that something that you will be drinking?

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics