What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 2/16/18 3:40 am

Good morning everyone. We made it to the weekend. I hope everyone has something nice planned for this long weekend. I have a ton of things to get done, because I'm heading south next week.

This morning I'm going swimming and then to the gym. Back to the service dept to see if they have fixed my car, then return the rental. Cleaning and paperwork, errands, shopping, then tonight going out for dinner and to listen to live music.

3.5 years post-op:

B. pondfuls of decaf throughout the day.

S. Protein coffee shake at the gym

L. Chicken breast on a spring mix salad with sweet peppers, cucumbers, avocado, WF Honey/Dijon dressing

S. Brie with pear slices

D. Beef Brisket with gravy and green beans

S. Spicy pork rinds with fresh salsa

Totals: 760, Carbs. 27, Fibre 8, Fat 29, Protein 105

Have a great weekend everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 2/16/18 4:27 am

Happy Friday. Yoga class done. I was up a bit too early because I had a work deadline to meet but didn't want to miss the yoga class that was at 5:30 so I was up before 4 am. So .... I have already popped some horrible food into my mouth while making the kids lunches. Now to recover for the day:

breakfast: greek yogurt and corn chips (yep), 2 chocolate hearts (yep)

snack: protein shake

lunch: greek yogurt and tomato soup

snack: protein bar

dinner: cheese omelette

I have no self control at times and it really puts me in a downward spiral. I don't dump so I have to be so careful what I choose to put in my mouth.

this weekend I am going to do a group power class and 5 K run on Saturday; a hike with the family either Sunday or Monday.

have a great long weekend everyone. Cravings - good luck getting ready for your trip - that sounds exciting!

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Eternity_W
on 2/16/18 4:41 am

Dear leeann

Does your dietitian knows how much sport your doing? When I look at your food and the amount of sports you do, it could be that your body is lacking in nutrients and that is why you are eating between meals.

Please do not get me wrong, but after my surgery, I trained as a nutritionist and also did sports nutrition.

And please do not put too much pressure on yourself - let go is often better and wintertime is always harder than summertime.

Kindest regards from Switzerland

Gabriela

Diät-Ticker - Sichtbar abnehmen

I would also like to apologize if my English sounds a little rough now and then - but my mother tongue is German and my English is anything but perfect.

crqvingchange
on 2/16/18 4:53 am

Some of the bariatric centres advise us to eat 3 meals and 3 planned snacks. The choices are outlined in the booklets they give us. I think Lee-Ann's frustration was the choice of chocolate and corn chips. For me I'm afraid of returning to old eating habits and poor choices. The forums are full of posts about regain and that scares the heck out of me.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Eternity_W
on 2/16/18 5:02 am

Dear crqvingchange

I guess everybody of us has this fears and are afraid of returning to old eating habits - even I after 8 years post-op.

I just realized that if I do a lot of sports and I do not eat enough, my body reacts with cravings.

For example: I dive and every dive I burn about 600 kcal. If I were to eat according to regulations - I could not dive anymore. I had to define together with my doctor how I feed myself in diving holidays - that's what I meant.

I would also like to apologize if my English sounds a little rough now and then - but my mother tongue is German and my English is anything but perfect.

Gabriela

crqvingchange
on 2/16/18 5:08 am

No worries Gabriela. Your English is wonderful. I love seeing post-op peeps exercising and challenging themselves. My yoga instructor says exercise is not a punishment for something you ate, but a celebration of what your body can do.

CC

Eternity_W
on 2/16/18 5:10 am

Very true!

leeann73
on 2/20/18 7:08 am

Thanks for your comments Gabriela - I didn't get back to this thread until now. I actually called the nutritionist for some help with my food planning as I am exercising a lot and the scale is not moving so I am getting frustrated - she wasn't much help at all - said that I should be getting about 1200 cal per day now and that the surgery had done all that it can for me ... I am waiting for my one year follow up appointment so hoping to get a bit more guidance then ... cravings was right that on Friday the fact that I threw the corn chips and chocolate in my mouth before 7 am was the bit issue for me ... I ended up in bed most of the weekend with my cold that hasn't gotten any better but in general, I feel good with my food choices, although they are pretty boring.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

crqvingchange
on 2/16/18 4:55 am

The struggle is real. Back on the horse as Barb says.

RosieBelly
on 2/20/18 8:46 am

Hello Leeann - I am having a wee bit of food fatigue so I thought I would start to look through the what are you eatings to see if I could get some idea of what to eat. Okay corn chips and chocolate hearts it is! lol

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Most Active
Recent Topics