Please help about fluid in take

T-MAC
on 3/6/18 11:26 am - Niagara Falls, on

Thank you everyone for your help. I was also getting worried I was drinking too much and that the stitches were going brake and i would get leakage

__

jleeclements
on 3/7/18 6:12 am
WLS on 02/24/18

My nurse told me that if I was having trouble at first to make sure and get 30ml of shake in every hour. If I did that for the 13-14 hours a day I was awake I would finish 2 shakes a day and have my protein in until I started to feel more able to move to soft foods. I just always kept it in the fridge and set a timer on my phone for the top of the hour.

Kathy1212
on 3/7/18 9:12 am

Congrats on your sleeve, and welcome to the loser's bench. I hope you're feeling OK and not in too much pain.

Like the others said, the medicine cups are great to make sure you're getting a consistent amount of fluid in. Unless you're a klutz like me and keep knocking them over. I had to switch to a tiny espresso cup. It had pink roses on it and I felt like I was a kid having a tea party every time I drank from it, but it was heavier than the little plastic medicine cups and less easy for me to knock over. It held the same amount if I didn't fill it to the brim, which I didn't so it worked well for me. It took me all day and all night ****il 2 or 3 AM) to get in two premier protein shakes and all of my water that early out.

My pouch responded best to ice cold drinks early out because I had a lot of inflammation. I live in Canada and had surgery in winter so just kept my shakes on the window sill to keep them icy cold. Warm drinks really hurt. Later on, after I healed my pouch preferred warm liquids.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics