Lactulose

SweetRide1
on 3/22/18 2:14 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Hi All,

Has anyone been prescribed Lactulose?

I've just spent the last 24 hours in Emerg with bowel spasms. The ER doctor was great. After numerous tests to ensure everything was OK (past bowel obstruction) he's put me on a bowel routine and prescribed Lactulose.

I didn't realize until I got home and was able to google that it's a synthetic sugar which makes me worry about dumping. Trust me, this is the last thing I need to add to the equation at this point.

I do have a call into the clinic but, the Clinic is closed and I won't get a call bac****il tomorrow.

If anyone has any experience with lactulose or even bowel spasms post RNY please reply.

Thanks so much.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics