Lost more than weight

Wayne H.
on 3/27/18 5:05 am, edited 3/27/18 5:08 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Hi everyone.

been a while since I last posted. I am going through some real life changes aside from my WLS.

Update#1 - lost a little more weight... down to 278lbs. Its been a loooong 6 months of stall.

• stall due to crap foods coming into the house. Just too much temptation. thats changing.....keep reading.

Update #2 - My Skin condition I have posted about before is clearing up nicely now that I am on Humira. Dermatoligist has put my name in for surgery to remove scar tissue and I get a little Thigh tuck to boot. I am so happy to be able to work out again without fear of agravating things but its still possible...I just need to watch for signs beacause Sweating triggers my condition.

Update #3 - And this one hurts...

My wife asked for a seperarion and I Obliged.

Just when you think things in a mariage is going swimmingly and life together was blossoming again... Pow.. 27 Years Married..30 years together and kabloowie,,, It all gone. Thank god we have adult kids that understand thier Parents have grown apart over many years. My now ex and Daughter take possession of thier new Apt o the 1st. the hard part is watching my Family pack up to leave. :-(

Thats it. emotions kicking in..

I will be fine..just wanted to update those that know me as to why I have been noticibly absent on the site.

Thank god for the Ottawa Meet Up Group. They brightened up my day yesterday and I wanted to let them know first before posting here.

Now...what to do with this big empty house of mine...

I WILL SURVIVE and my Goal wieght is back on the Radar!!

My diet these days...

Protien shakes, sometimes 2 /day

Greek Yogurts...1 or 2 / day. or Smooth Cottage Cheese.

Pepperettes... late snack

Focus hard on just eating meat. Fish, Chicken mostly

try my best to have veggies and Humous daily.

hard boiled eggs

pretty much thrown bread to the side. will have some on occasion but I get enough carbs elsewhere.

Junk foods... temptation came from Family mostly. wont have that problem moving forward now.

Exercise... walk daily, Gym twice a week..cant wait for warmer weather to get out camping, biking, hikong and Kayaking again. Just need to find a friend now with similar interests.

Later Folks.

I will be fine. I know I will and I WILL NOT.GIVE UP MY WLS JOURNEY. THIS IS FOR ME!!

Tuktu
on 3/27/18 6:43 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Wayne,

I just want to give you a big hug!! I know its going to be a tough emotional road ahead and I'm here for you anytime you need to talk. But on the positive side, you are back on track with your diet and losing weight again!! Yahoo!! You looked great and I can definitely see that you lost more weight. You are definitely taking all the right steps to taking care of your health and I'm so proud of you that you are looking at the bright side as much as you can in this situation. I'm excited that your skin condition is better and now you can work out once again. You will survive - you are strong and resilient and brave and you have a warm wonderful heart. You have a good attitude and I'm very proud of you. I'm definitely up for a bike ride or a hike anytime. Never tried kayaking but would love to learn. We are all here for you and just want the best for you!

Wayne H.
on 3/27/18 9:44 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Thanks and I may take you up on the Kayaking Hiking :-)

SweetRide1
on 3/27/18 7:58 am
RNY on 01/16/18

Good Morning Wayne,

I am so very sorry to hear that some of the changes your are experiencing are hurtful and sad. Whenever you need us we are here.

I am thrilled to hear that your condition is now being managed and you are able to get back on track. That is good news!

Nothing is easy on this journey. It takes a toll emotionally and physically and it is not uncommon for relationships to suffer as well.

All I can say, is take each day as it comes. Your success so far is incredible and it will only get better and you will become stronger.

I'm glad you have your Ottawa peeps for support. Reach out whenever you need to.

Sincerely, Jill

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Wayne H.
on 3/27/18 9:47 am
RNY on 02/08/17

The Ottawa group in addition to the Online folks here are a huge support.
It's nice to kind of hit the ground running with one Social Club already on the go :-)

Now... How to handle any future Dinner dates. Think I'll sub for a movie instead. LOL

Thanks for the kind words Jill.

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/18 8:41 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Make it a coffee date instead, you don't talk at the movies and how can you get to know someone that way. Dating after my first marriage ended, I always did the coffee date thing. It's short enough if you want it to be and can last as long as you want if you get alone. I had some coffee dates that were over before I was done drinking my cup and some I ended up there for 3 hours just talking over the same cup.

Wayne H.
on 3/28/18 10:27 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Brilliant Advice. Thank you :-)

Make sense really.

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/18 9:00 am
RNY on 03/26/17

Sorry to hear about the separation. Glad to see you are working hard with your weight loss. I know when I was at my clinic for my year appointment my social worker asked me if there had been any issues with my marriage due to my surgery, thankfully all is well.

Take care, Countrysweetheart

Smoka
on 3/27/18 9:21 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Wayne,

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Yes there are tough days with this along with everything else we all have going on in our lives, but the good news is that we are able to move our bodies in a whole new way. It's amazing really.

I am very sad to hear about your marriage. That's got to be really tough. I hope you can work through your feelings in a positive way for the most positive outcome. Remember, all of the work you put into healing and feeling the best about yourself is so worth it ...you are so worth it.

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Wayne H.
on 3/27/18 9:50 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Thankfully the separation including the agreement was and is all very much amiable.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. They are appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics