Lost Motivation...trying to get it back

Manda32
on 4/15/18 10:15 pm

I'm the queen of over complicating stuff lol

Sometimes I wonder if its that simple do I want to stop or lose more weight? If I felt like all aspects of my mental and physical health were on par, I would believe it would be that simple. Of course even knowing myself, the answer might not be simple lol

I do think my emotions or something is out of whack. This journey does have its up and downs, even if your motivated and everything is going fairly well.

I will check the video out thanks.

Your kind words and support mean a lot thank you!

May I ask where you are at, at this point with your journey? Are you close to getting surgery?

I am very thankful I had surgery and regardless how I feel at this moment it was one of the best decisions of my life, and would do it again in a heart beat!

Putting one foot in front of the other for the time being, and trying to get back on track. I will try and give myself a break too lol

Good luck on your journey!

Amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

JRo
on 4/26/18 5:14 pm - Cobourg , Canada

Hi, Amanda. To answer your question, I am waiting for a few more assessments in Jul/Aug and, if all goes well, hoping for surgery by the end of the year.

I always over think things, too. It is hard but I'm really trying to take a step back and make things easier on myself.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now that we have started getting some sunshine!

Good journey to you, as well.

~ j.

oneatatime
on 4/15/18 11:28 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Amanda,

I have read your post many times, and have wanted to answer... but want to say "the right thing". First of all ((Hugs)). I know this journey is an incredibly tough one and although we post about all the ups all the time, the struggles are real too. I'm so glad you reached out. We are here to support you. When I was at my 6 months (I'm 7.5 now), I hbroke up with a guy I had been dating for a few months, and although short, it had gotten really serious really fast. The few weeks leading up to the breakup were bad, and the many weeks after were horrible. Arguably, i still don't post like I used to... I'm still depressed about it, and while I no longer cry about it every day, I do most days. It has impacted my eating, my desire to participate in life, etc. I push through as much as I can... bit it was at the point where even my work noticed. Thankfully I have the best team ever, and they told me to have self compassion, not self recrimination, but I get it... I am my own worst critic.

I recognize what I am feeling is situational, not a true depression. I can only imagine someone going through a true depression would have an even harder time.

Here's the other thing, the thing we share, and so many, if not all post ops share. The noise. One thing I read in your post is all the stuff people tell you. "Stop losing weight, you look great" "People find it easiet to maintain at a bmi of 30" "The honeymoon period is XX and that's my chance" "I've wasted this opportunity"

Here's the thing about setting rules, or listening other's rules about how things should be... it creates one truth: a right and wrong, and when you deviate from it, which we all will, because we're human, we become wrong. It sets us up for failure. Every time!!! Goals work for a lot of people, but you know my philosophies... not everything works for everyone. And I get the sense you're more like me: having these goals is a hindrance to you. Don't get me wrong. I am incredibly goal oriented in my life. I achieve a ton. I just cut myself a lot of slack too because I know that if I put too much pressure on myself, I will start to feel overwhelmed, and I will create a situation where I fail.

I know my post is really long. I'm sorry. I encourage you to think about one thing, and one thing only, for now... for the next two weeks, that you would enjoy consistently doing, that puts you back on that. And if you need an accountability partner, feel free to reach out. :) You got this girl!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Manda32
on 4/19/18 2:10 am

Thanks for such an honest,reflective, and supportive response.

First I must say I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time yourself. Sounds like you have some caring people around you to help support you.

Relationships can get serious very quickly. My now husband and I fell hard for each other really quickly as well, so I can't even imagine how you are feeling since it unfortunately did not work out for you.

As you so graciously offered support I offer it right back to you.

Although people do post stuff here about struggles, its definitely easier to post about the positives and all the ups that are going on in one's journey. I was hesitant to post my topic for various reasons, but I felt like I needed to for support and realize I'm not the only one that has felt like this.

Your comment about setting rules/goals is very insightful. Your right, and I agree that what works for someone may not work for another. One size does not fit all thats for sure!

Please do not apologize for a long post. I'm the queen of long posts, and sometimes long replies. I really appreciate the thought and time you put into it, and anyone *****plies to anyone's post. It's what this forum is all about, to help and to support.

I hope things get better for you as well.

Appreciate the support.

Amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

catwoman7
on 4/16/18 5:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

sounds like diet fatigue to me, too. And yes, it seems to be fairly common. But you can continue to lose - I lost well into my second year.

There's nothing wrong with weighing 190. And yes, it would be easier to maintain at that weight than it would 160. But 160 should be attainable if you put in the work - and keep up with it. I guess the question to ask yourself is do you want to weigh 160, or are you OK at 190? If the former, you know what to do....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Manda32
on 4/19/18 2:11 am

Thank you for the support.

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Joe D.
on 4/16/18 7:24 am
RNY on 02/09/18

Give yourself permission to enjoy where you are. If that means holding at your current weight. then do so.

If it means, changing stuff up a bit then do so. You've been incredibly successful. Enjoy it.

When you are ready to push again you will, or if you are happy you'll stay happy.

Enjoy the ride, you've done wonderfully.

-Joe

CW: 223.6 HW: 374 PreOpti:340 Surg:327 GW:215 M1: -24 M2: -20 M3: -15.4 M4: -17.6 M5: -12 M6: -14

Manda32
on 4/19/18 2:12 am

Thank you for those kinds words!

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

GRANDMAr
on 4/16/18 9:26 am
VSG on 10/21/16

Hi,

I am going through EXACTLY the same thing. I am 1 1/2 yrs. out from the sleeve. I've lost a total of 80-90 pounds (depending on the day). Since my 1 year surgiversary, my motivation is totally gone. I'm back to eating everything except pasta.

I have medical issues that have left me in chronic pain and basically immobile. I, like you, am depressed by the pain.

I don't know how to get back on trac****ep trying but I fall right off. I'm afraid to get back on the scale but I can feel my clothes are tighter. I never reached my goal.

What gets me so annoyed is that I worked so hard with the prep, the surgery and post op.

I need help!!!!

I am sorry I cannot be supportive.

You and I are certainly NOT the only ones to go through this.

It would be very nice to hear from others on how they came through it.

Manda32
on 4/19/18 2:21 am

I'm sorry you are going through this as well. It is not fun.

Also, sorry to hear that you are living with chronic pain. I hope that will resolve or get better in the near future.

I'm sure were not the only ones going through this in one way or another. I wish I had the answer, but I'm still trying to figure that out myself.

I can only suggest your reach out on this forum as well, or others in your personal life for help. That's why I reached out here for support. I know its not going to fix everything immediately, but help in any shape or form is always a good thing.

I wish you good luck, and know your not alone.

Amanda

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics