Sick or physical hunger after about 2 hours?

T-MAC
on 4/15/18 5:38 pm - Niagara Falls, on

I had VSG, after about 2 hours of eating I start feeling stuc as if I haven't eaten in a while, is this normal because if I eat it goes away.

__

oneatatime
on 4/15/18 6:07 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I didn't have VSG, so hopefully the people who have will chime in... I think some additional information will be helpful though. How far out are you from surgery? What stage of eating are you? What does a typical meal/day of eating look like?

Does this feeling happen every time, or sometimes? Did it just start, or was it always there?

I know it seems like a lot of questions, but when thinking about patterns or problems, like maybe you've developed an ulcer, or GERD or something, it's important to think about how long something has been happening... and if certain foods trigger it and others don't.

I wish you good health.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

T-MAC
on 4/15/18 6:15 pm - Niagara Falls, on

Hi, I am starting week 7 tomorrow, it Happens with pretty well anything I eat after 2 hours. I am averaging 600 to 1100 called a day and I get 63 to 100g of protein. It seems to have started around week 3 and I take lansoprazole daily

__

Manda32
on 4/15/18 10:30 pm

I had a VSG last March, and that never happened to me.

However my brother had a VSG at the end of November last year, and although I'm not sure he felt 'sick' he said he had this feeling he didn't like every couple hours and after eating it would go away. This did eventually go away for him. Not sure at what point, I don't recall but it did.

Some might say it could be acid or gerd (increase risk of it with a VSG), and not saying it couldn't be, but sounds like you and my brother were on PPI's to limit acid production. Were all put on that generally the first couple months. If its acid, you would need to talk to your doctor about this and maybe he/she would put you on another medication.

Other than that, if its hunger, I would think it would feel like hunger. My hunger never really went away. A week after surgery it returned to my surprise lol Its kinda a different feeling, at least for me, more of my stomach feels empty feeling. I'm sure were all different.

If it bothers you enough, talk to you doctor, if it doesn't see if it gets better.

Good luck with everything.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics