What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

crqvingchange
on 4/17/18 7:55 am

So we have traded freezing rain for snow, not nice. Good morning Menu Pals. Monica I sent you a PM. Meg, I hope that you are feeling better.

Today will be spent as a snow day doing things around the house. There certainly are chores that need to get done.

The eats today at 3 years 9 months post-op are:

B. Buckets of decaf with SF CoffeeMate (I need to make a run to Costco for Vanilla Premier Protein)

S. LC roasted pepper hummus on cucumbers

L. Salad with grilled chicken, sweet peppers, cucumber and WF Honey/Dijon dressing

S. Cheddar Jalapeno chicken sausage gumbo

D. Eggplant rollup stuffed with ricotta and baked with mozzarella

S. Protein latte

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 4/17/18 8:39 am - Peterborough, Canada

Hey CC did you PM me or Monica M? I hope Megs is doing ok too. This weather sucks balls. And now I have a bf at home with a broken heel and in a cast for 3 months fml. I'm not a good nurse maid lol. Guess I'm driving miss daisy and giving baths for a while. The damn pay better be good lol.

crqvingchange
on 4/17/18 8:57 am

Monica you crack me up, lol. I don't want to know which kinky act broke his heel. I am not a good maid of any kind. If someone barks an order at me, without the requisite please, I ignore. DH has learned through the years that kindness and courtesy goes a long way with me.

The PM was to Monica M.

Megs if you are reading this, let us know how you are doing, please.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 4/17/18 10:51 am - Canada

Thanks for checking up on me Monica :) I posted a little update below.

corriev
on 4/17/18 10:34 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello there,

My pursuit of protein today looks like

B - 6 OZ Skyr Islandic yogurt ( anyone heard of it? it has 16 G rams of protein. ( bit higher on the carbs though with 20 g of carbs ) ill balance the carbs out somewhere else.

S - Poached egg

L - 1/2 can Tuna in water with Salsa

S - slice roast beef

D - 3 oz poached chicken breast salad with Tomato, pickle and cottage cheese

S - slice of cheese.

All water and Vitamins.

according to MFP numbers should be.

Cal - 615

carbs - 27

Protein - 92

crqvingchange
on 4/17/18 10:51 am

Hi Corrie, I get the PC plain 0% fat SKYR yogurt and add SF flavouring like ED Smith apricot jam or some of the Jordon Skinny Syrups. The PC plain 0% has 21g protein per serving, but I can't eat a whole serving. Sometimes I will add chia seeds, walnuts or hemp hearts and let it sit overnight in the fridge. It helps to keep things moving if you know what I mean, lol.

Your menu looks good, and tasty.

Meggles07
on 4/17/18 10:50 am, edited 4/17/18 4:21 am - Canada

Thanks for checking up on me CC and Monica :)

I had an upper GI scope yesterday and they found an ulcer. This is relatively good news as we can treat it. I'm still having pain attacks, even on a liquid diet, but hopefully the medications will allow the ulcer to start healing :)

I just saw my midwife and my care is going to be transferred to an OB. I'm a bit sad about that but I knew it was a possibility. Baby is doing well, but may be a bit small. They will keep an eye on it.

Now I'm just taking it meal by meal to see what sits okay. Lots of protein shakes and pureed soup!! DH has been taking good care of me. I think the three day hospital stay was a bit of a wake up call for him. I'm just glad to be home now with him and the puppies!!

crqvingchange
on 4/17/18 11:12 am

I'm so glad that they found out what was causing the pain. Give Baby Thor or Thorilina, lol whatever the doc says you can have. Do you have to give up your midwife, can't you have both a midwife and an OB? Only the best for this baby. Tell DH he has to spoil you, or he will have to deal with me.

Meggles07
on 4/17/18 11:20 am - Canada

The doc didn't give any dietary restrictions at this point, so it seems like trial and error during the healing process. Baby Thor (sex still unknown ;) is very active with a good heartbeat, so hopefully I can catch up on food/weight over the next couple weeks. I got weighed today and I'm literally at the exact weight I was when I got pregnant. But all my blood work is good, so that was their main concern.

I can't have both if my care is formally transferred because the midwife wouldn't receive payment per the Ontario system (so lovely). I checked today and she might be able to do post-partum care, depending on how things go.

DH spent Wednesday evening, most of Thursday, and half of Friday with me at the hospital. He only had to leave to take care of the puppies. He also has been awesome about trying to make ulcer friendly food for us. I will let him know he will be in trouble lol!!

crqvingchange
on 4/17/18 11:26 am

Maybe Baby Thor would like Mac and Cheese with some diced chicken breast in it. I can't believe I'm giving this advice on a Obesity Support forum, but even more so, I can't believe I got you to say Baby Thor, roflmao.

Most Active
Recent Topics