HAVE SOME ABSOLUTES!

lexxiblue
on 7/13/18 5:07 am
RNY on 01/11/12

The trouble with having an overeating problem is you can't swear off food completely. You have to eat. In addition, you are around all kinds of food all the time. It's hard to resist. While there are plenty of gray areas when it comes to the WLS lifestyle, you can have some absolutes. To give yourself some freedom over uncertainty, consider selecting a few foods or behaviors to which you will apply absolute rules. Be absolute about not eating refined sweets and carbohydrates, for example. Or, never drink soda. Or, walk every day. Pick one thing you can be absolute about that will benefit your health. Write a contract with yourself (and be sure to sign it) stating what you will always (or never) do in support of your WLS goals.

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 7:54 am

I've have never had a soda since surgery. That was one of my pre-surgery addictions and I don't want to go back to that. I know I dump, so sugars are limited to a taste of my husband's dessert. It's just not worth the agony of dumping.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

lexxiblue
on 7/13/18 8:06 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

good for you.. i need to STOP the soda... as i bloat up and suffer badly... one of the old habits that seemed to creep back ... grrrrr!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics