What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 7/17/18 3:40 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Corrie, I hope you are having fun in Vancouver.

We had thunderstorms in our area last night and it looks like the heat wave has finally broken. The lawns and gardens were parched, so we really needed that rain. Now I have no excuses not to get out in the garden.

This morning I have to visit a friend out of town, and then I'm going to tackle getting the rest of the mulch put down. Also I have to do some grocery shopping.

Accountability: all good

Question of the Day: Today is my 4 year surgiversary, so it's all about me, lol. Seriously, my best NSV is feeling stronger. I no longer have to park the car close to the door. I can walk across a parking lot (sometimes run) with a spring in my step. This is the kind of thing that keeps me in line and makes me never want to go back to how I used to feel (let alone look). I have memories pre-WLS of walking with my husband and having to sit down frequently, and always looking for the nearest bench. What keeps you on the straight and narrow, and if you have slipped a little, what is getting you back on track? Kara I know you are a newbie, so what guidelines (weight buffer zone etc) will you set for yourself in the future to keep you on track?

4 years post-op today:

B. Rivers of decaf with possibly some caramel Premier Protein shake used as creamer (we'll see if this other Costco has it) Think caramel macchiato.

S. Protein iced coffee on the road

L. I'm feeling like I want jerk salmon with a mango salsa and a side salad

D. Parmesan chicken with some grilled asparagus

I may change some things up if I see something better at the grocery store, but it will be protein and veg for sure.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/17/18 5:24 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Happy surgiversary CC!!

My appointments went well yesterday. No more with them until after the little nugget gets here. Today I have yet another ultrasound but other than that nothing is planned. I ended up finally going for my haircut with scalp massage yesterday -- all I really wanted was the scalp massage part lol. If I win the lottery can I hire someone to just give scalp massages??

QOTD: I'm not really on the straight and narrow right now... But my plan is to go right back on track as soon as possible after so that I can get back to where I was. I felt good, was able to move easily, felt more energized, and felt more accepted socially -- even in just everyday situations.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein popsicles

Snack - almonds and dates

Lunch - tbd... Maybe bacon sandwich

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - sausages on the bbq (rained out last night)

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/17/18 12:46 pm

Baby Thor likes scalp massages too (and grilled sausages), lol. There must be some sort of scalp massages service for millionaires.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/17/18 1:57 pm - Canada

It's actually kind of funny because I was walking through Costco with my grandma and I kept rubbing a spot on my side. She said that baby was going to be born wanting its head rubbed ;)

Ginnny
on 7/17/18 6:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Oh happy day CC!! What awesome NSVs you have cited. I was here earlier but work got in the way. Hate when that happens.

I made it to the gym this morning but only did 8 kms. I guess I was moving a little slower than normal, and it was awful warm in the gym. Probably doesn't help that I go kamakaze on the weekends and it takes me a day or to sort myself out again. That I will try to nip in the bud. I can be so good through the week.

However I'm Wed - Fri this week. I have some appointments to tend to but really just wanted some time off. It was supposed to be the whole week, but earlier issues this year have eaten some of my vacay time.

Post Op 2 yrs, 3mos

B - 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp pb

S - shepperds pie (4 oz ground beef, 2 oz potato)

L - 2 chicken skewers with BBQ sauce

S - deli turkey w. mustard

D - chicken stir fry.....yummers My Trucker makes a real good one!

Have a day everybody.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 7/17/18 12:49 pm

My eyes read kamakaze, but my brain read commando, lol. It was especially funny when you read it with the sentences after. I need more coffee.

Ginnny
on 7/17/18 1:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

kamac
on 7/17/18 8:24 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning! Happy surgiversary CC! I love your NSVs.

Had my 1 week follow up this morning and it went great. Nurse said I was doing fantastic, and the dietician was on board with my eating the higher range of protein. In fact she said because of my height and frame I could do 90-100gr, which is great. She did try to encourage me to get in more carbs, like cream of wheat or applesauce, advice which I'm going to ignore. I asked about calorie intake, and interestingly she said "don't count calories, your old dieting days are over, it's all about portion size now". I won't obsess on calories, but I am going to keep a general eye on them.

Good question about guidelines to keep on track. I think for me, once I am able to do things again like walk or run up the stairs with ease without the handrail, or sit crosslegged on the floor, or cross my legs, or have the energy to really exercise for a full hour, fit into a booth at a restaurant and seats at the movie theater...I know I will never ever want to "lose" those things again.

Also, I want do fun active stuff with my niece and nephew, and not be a poor role model for them. Most of all, I want to maintain the best physical and mental health that I possibly can. I want to be around on this Earth for as long as possible

I'd have to think about a weight buffer zone, will probably get a better handle on that as I lose weight and see how I feel in my body closer to goal.

Food: 3 protein shakes, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt with 2 scoops Naked Goat, 1/4 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 657, Carbs: 23, Protein: 108

(I think I miscalculated my intake yesterday, I recorded 1/2 cups of yogurt and cottage cheese in MFT but actually ate 1/4 cups. Oh well.)

Have a great day everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

kamac
on 7/17/18 9:02 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Oh lord my brain is scrambled. I have been eating 1/2 cups of yogurt and cottage cheese, my entry for today is messed up. Don't mind me, I think I need a nap lol.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/17/18 12:53 pm

I just had my 4 year followup at Guelph and they did talk calories, funny. I will make a separate post about what they said.

Most Active
Recent Topics