What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 7/23/18 4:05 am

Good morning Magnificent Menu Marvels. Hope everyone had a good weekend despite the weather.

Today I am going swimming, taking the car in to get new brakes, going out for dinner with another couple.

Accountability: On plan

Question of the Day: What is your favourite vegetable, and how do you like to cook it? Right now I'm into salads because it's summer. That will quickly change to soup when it gets colder. Tomatoes are pretty versatile in both salads and in soups (Caprese salad, Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Mini Meatballs in it).

4 years post-op the eats today are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream and stevia

S. Protein Iced coffee after swimming

L. Deviled eggs made with crab meat and mayo

D. Pan seared sea scallops with double smoked bacon, mushrooms, roasted garlic, cream (that's the description from their menu online).

Have a great day everyone, and make good choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 7/23/18 4:42 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good Morning!

I'm just waking up to the news from Toronto. Feeling a little stunned as I lived in that neighborhood for several years. It's difficult to comprehend.

This morning I have an appointment, then babysitting my nephew this afternoon. Hoping for more rain because the poor grass is still very yellow and parched.

Accountability: Didn't get my protein in yesterday. Made the mistake of eating my vitamins first thing on an empty stomach, got nauseous and threw up. Then I just couldn't face any more yogurt or cottage cheese or protein shakes, so I had Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for all three meals (strained to get the bits out). It was absolutely delicious, but I'm paying for it now- the scale is up half a pound from yesterday. I did get in one protein shake in the evening, but still. Won't be doing that again.

QOTD: Oh, I miss salads! And tomatoes are wonderful this time of year, love them with cheese or the classic tomato sandwich with mayo and mustard. Peppers are another favourite, either raw or blackened on the grill. Asparagus in the spring, lightly steamed. Mushrooms. Looking forward to eating some fresh vegetables again.

Food: will be sticking to protein shakes today, making sure to get at least 90g protein.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/23/18 6:41 am

Kara I just heard the news when I got out of the pool. That is so sad. So senseless.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/23/18 7:22 am - Canada

Good morning :)

A bit late this morning. The puppies woke up around 5am but amazingly went back to bed so we slept in a bit. I will take any ounce of sleep at this point. Only thing on the calendar today is possibly having the dog's nails trimmed. We have someone come to the house. It actually had worked out cheaper because I can do the majority of the grooming but puppy 1 is a bit sassy when it comes to me touching her feet.

QOTD: I would say either carrots or tomatoes. I have to be careful with some of the processed forms of tomatoes because I have had allergic reactions - pasta sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. Fresh tomatoes are always good though :) DH slices them with mayo, salt, and fresh basil.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein shake with strawberries

Snack - dates and almonds

Lunch - ground beef and tomatoes

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - BBQ chicken and veg

Snack - watermelon

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/23/18 7:29 am

You had me worried there Meg when I didn't see your post. Glad you got to sleep in a bit. I like the idea of just having tomatoes, mayo, basil, salt and pepper.

Sending you a PM.

linda11665
on 7/23/18 8:10 am - Ottawa, Canada

Morning All, It has been awhile since I have posted on this site!!

7 years, maintaining a 150lbs weight loss!!! Personal Trainer

B - 4 egg whites and 1 oz of lactose free cheese

S - 1/2 cup greek yogurt with 2 tbsp of bran buds

L - 2 large turkey meatballs (my own recipe) with greek yogurt for dessert

S - Almonds with unsweetened dried cranberries

D - Salmon with asperagus

S - Protein shake

All protein in!!!

Ran 3km then work out with weights for 1 hour

Have a super day

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
crqvingchange
on 7/23/18 9:06 am

Hi Linda, great to see you. I remember you from when I first started posting on this site years ago. You always had sound advice. Love the vets.

It looks like you are doing great. It's good for the newbies to see what someone who is 7 years post-op and maintaining eats in a normal day. Your menu looks delish.

linda11665
on 7/23/18 9:34 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi, great to hear from you too. lol

It isn't always easy, I do slip up, however the beauty of it is that I can get back on track.

Anytime anybody needs any help, please just ask.

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
crqvingchange
on 7/23/18 9:40 am

That is very kind of you Linda. The vets seldom hand hold or paint rainbows and unicorns, but they give honest feedback that is invaluable. I am so grateful for their generosity of time and spirit in dealing with all of our questions. They try to help us avoid making the same mistakes that others have made.

Scary.Airy
on 7/23/18 12:54 pm

Good afternoon all!

Today is the usual, worky work work. We were in Toronto all weekend for a tournament, and I am pretty happy that I not only managed to stay on track, but had a nice, big 2 lb 'woosh' upon weighing in this morning. Take a nice walk with the doggie later if the rain and humidity lets up, but otherwise, I'll head to the basement and hop on the treadmill or the rebounder and I want to start doing some strength training again. I say this now, but let's see how much energy I have left once I get home after my commute in the heat hahah!

B: protien drink. Still my fave workday breakfast, it goes down nice and easy on my drive in to work

L: I left my lovely lunch at home, oops. Cafeteria food. Grilled veggies (I steal all the green beans and yellow beans and mushrooms) and a beef burrito (I just at the innards and tossed the wrap - I never really like tortillas anyway).

S: cottage cheese and SF Jam when I get home

D: leftovers, most likely. I have a deli ham and cheese 'lettuce sandwich' left over from our trip from Toronto.

QOTD: I love raw sugar snap peas, DH and I would eat them like they were chips. I love flavourful cherry tomatoes, I would cut about 10 of them in half, toss them with balsamic vinegar and whatever my fave herbs I had around (basil mostly haha) and just go nuts on them. YUM! And I love sauteed mushrooms.

Goddess in training...

Most Active
Recent Topics